Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites 2015


Good evening my lovelies, I hope you've all had a relaxing Sunday. I can't believe that this is the first favourites post of 2015, it's scary how fast time is going at the moment. Unfortunately last January I seemed to have spot issues. Now I don't want to tempt fate but for a few months I had been lucky with my skin in the fact I didn't have many spots or break outs. I know there are ways to avoid spots such as eating healthily which I feel I do but I think maybe an over indulgence in chocolates over Christmas has caused my skin to suffer. So a lot of products in this post are ones that I have used to over come these spots - why do spots exist? What good do they actually do?

Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub from The Body Shop
I thought that I would talk about all the spot related products first to get them out of the way. Whenever I'm looking spotty I always use this face scrub when it comes to exfoliating my face. Tea Tree is meant to be good at getting rid of spots and I do notice that mine disappear faster after using this. The Body Shop are full of natural products so they are good for people with sensitive skin. This scrub is suitable for all skin types and it leaves your skin feeling all fresh and zingy afterwards. Like other face scrubs it removes any dirt, oil or dead skin cells from your face which will leave your skin feeling super soft afterwards and it makes your foundation appear a lot smoother. You should exfoliate your face about once a week. One thing that I will say about this product is that I don't use it all the time as I find that if I use it over and over then it can dry my skin out after a while which is saying something as I have really oily skin.

Zap! Zap! Zap! Gets That Chap, Day And Night Spot Cream by Anatomicals
Usually I tend to stay away from spot treatment products as when I have used them previously I have found them to spread my spots and sometimes I think that it's best to let them disappear naturally. I got this product in my December Glossybox and I will admit that I was a little apprehensive to try it as I know nothing about the brand and like I said I haven't got on well with spot treatment products in the past. I finally plucked up the courage to try it (sounds silly I know) and I genuinely can't get over how good this product is. It has two parts: a day and a night product. I don't know what the difference is but the day product appears clear and I find that it absorbs into my skin quicker then the night one which appears creamier and it feels more moisturising. I don't know how it works but I think it dries out the spot and it makes them reduce in size and redness throughout the day after just one application. You can purchase this on Asos and I would highly recommend it if you are prone to spots. When I have a no make-up day then I will apply this throughout the day but if I'm wearing make-up then I apply it after moisturising my face and it absorbs into my skin quickly so I can apply my make-up soon afterwards. I don't think I could live without this after trying it.

Confessions Of A Concealaholic By Benefit
This is the last product in my favourites post to do with spots. I've lost count of the amount of times I've written spot now, I hate that word. Anyway, no body wants to look spotty and I find the best concealer to cover up spots in the Bo-ing concealer by Benefit. I have two shades which came in a Benefit pallet which unfortunately has been discontinued but once I've finished this one I will re-purchase the Bo-ing concealer. There are two shades in the pallet in 1 and 2. Currently as I'm paler in the winter I have been just using 1 but when I'm more tanned in the summer I use them both together or 2. It is a cream to powder concealer which blends in really easily to your skin. I find that it's really good at also reducing redness. I wouldn't use it for dark circles but when it comes to spots I always turn to this. It lasts a long time and I just set it in place with some powder and you're good to go.

Lid Stuff in Whats Nude By Soap And Glory 
Eyeshadow wise I have found myself turning to this little gem pretty much every day. I love neutral shades as I find them quick and easy to use and I just think that they look really subtle and pretty for an everyday look. It's a good handbag size yet you get a good amount of product. I would recommend this to anyone who loves neutral shades or if you're starting out with make-up. It contains three matte and one shimmer shades. Recently I have enjoyed applying these over cream eyeshadow basis and then using this pallet to contour with. These shadows are really pigmented and creamy and they will last a long time without creasing. These are really good dupes for the Naked 2 Basics pallet by Urban Decay and there is also a really similar Mac quad to this one. I also love the fact that these have names I just think it's really cute. These are cool tone taupe shades and I think my favourites would have to be Pink T and Aubersheen. If you wanted to read a more detailed review that I have written previously then you can click here.

60 Second Treatment Renewal Hair And Scalp Shot By Tresemme
I have been all into improving my hair care routine recently and this is another product that I have added to it. This is another product that I received in my December Glossybox. It's a box which contains four treatment shots of which you apply one once a week. I first apply my shampoo then wash it out, after which I apply one of these tubes throughout my hair from my scalp to my ends and you leave it in for 60 seconds before washing it out. I then apply a small amount of conditioner just to my ends. You can get different formulations of these treatment shots such as the Platinum Strength one but as I thought I always use shampoos and conditioners as heat protection and repairers due to me straightening my hair, a moisture renew product is just what my hair needs. I find that this leaves my hair feeling really soft afterwards and it just makes it look healthier. The good thing about this product is that it leaves your hair feeling soft for days after washing and after washing your hair without it and not just the day after using this product. As my hair is dry from straightening it and the cold weather my hair can also do with a bit of added moisture. The good thing about this is that as you get four shots it will last you a month before you need to pick up another.

There you go my January favourites. I'm sorry for the lack of make-up products and for the amount of times I have written the word 'spot'. Let me know in the comments what your favourite beauty products have been this past month.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Tresemme hair products, they always leave my hair feeling fab! I might have to give the 60 second renewal a go.

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! I know what you mean though, Tresemme are my favourite brand for hair products :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...