Friday 9 January 2015

December Glossybox 2014


Hello my lovelies, I've had a little break from blogging for a couple of weeks but don't threat as I have lot's of future posts planned. For Christmas and my Birthday I was lucky enough to be treated to a years subscription to Glossybox from my Gran and Granddad. For those of you who don't know what Glossybox is, it is a company that every month will send you a box of beauty goodies ranging from hundreds of different brands which could feature some new and exciting products. You will have the chance to create a beauty profile which will include features such as your appearance, what looks you go for and which type of beauty products that you're interested in. Glossybox will use this information to create a box of products for you based on this information. You then have the opportunity to review these products on their website. Each month I thought I would share with you what's in each box and some information on the products for you. This has been something that I have wanted to try for ages so I hope you will enjoy finding out what is inside each box each month.


My first observation was 'How cute is this box', I love the festive packaging that they used. Inside when I first opened it, all the products were wrapped up neatly under the tissue paper and ribbon. Each month you will receive five beauty products and inside each box it gives you some information about each products including how to use the products and where you can re-purchase them. Some of the companies have provided a unique discount code to allow you to get some money off if you chose to re-purchase any of the products.


The first product that I was drawn to was a 2 in 1 cheek and lip stain in the shade Coral by Bellapierre cosmetics which isn't a brand that I have heard of before. I was really chuffed that this product was included as I have wanted to try cream blushers for a long time but as I don't wear a liquid foundation I have been nervous to how these might sit on my skin. I have been worried that instead of adding to my make-up it might just cause my foundation to rub off. Although saying that I really like this blusher. It is a beautiful coral shade although it appears more pink in reality then the picture. I recon that this will look really pretty in the Spring/Summer to give your cheeks a subtle glow and colour. I can't use this as a lip stain as my lips are naturally too dark so it doesn't show up but that just leaves me more product for blusher. Although if you can wear this colour on your lips I think that it will look really pretty. This is priced at £12.99 if you are interested and looking on their website they do some gorgeous eyeshadow colours that I would love to try. I think that this is more of an expensive then a Highstreet brand looking at some of the prices for their products.


The next product made me laugh a little when I saw it, 'Zap Zap Zap get's that Chap'. It is basically a spot treatment product by Anatomicals. It has two different formalas - one for the day and one for the night. I'm always slightly nervous to try spot treatment products as before I have found them to make my spots worse and to cause them to spread. Sometimes I think that the best treatment is just to leave them to disappear naturally. Although saying that, this product has had great reviews on Glossybox and it has been given 5 star ratings. Previously I have been lucky and I hadn't suffered with spots for a while but I think tiredness from the build up to Christmas and over indulgence in rich foods has left my skin more prone to spots. I seem to get a few and then as soon as they disappear more will arrive so I'm interested to try this to see if it works. I think that it is priced at a good value as you get a lot of product in the tube so it should last you a long time yet it is only £3.79. If you are interested in trying this you can purchase it from Asos and I will leave an update in the comments how I'm getting on with this in the long term.


There was one hair care product which is the Tresemme 60 second renewal hair and scalp treatment. When I opened the Glossybox there was an amazing fresh and fruity fragrance which came form this product. This product is designed to be used once a week after using your shampoo and conditioner. You apply this from your scalp to your ends and you leave it in for 60 seconds before rinsing. This is designed to leave your hair stronger and leave it shinier - basically just to improve the health of your hair. I recon that these are really good value as this will last you a month and it will only cost you £5.50 for a pack of four. Tresemme is one of my favourite hair care brands as I always find that their products work and do what they say they are going to do so I'm looking forward to trying these.


Another product that I am excited to try is by SkinPep and it is a Hydra Boost Acid Serum. You apply this to your face and décolletage onto bare skin and massage it in for 1 - 2 minutes and it should boost the moisture in your skin. It recommends that you use this once in the day and once in the night. This is priced at £24.99, I have wanted to try more expensive skin products to see if they are actually worth their money as skin care is important to me and I want to try and keep mine as healthy as possible. I'm really excited to try this product as I have a feeling that it will boost your skin leaving it glowing.


The last product in my December Glossybox is a Concealer Quad by So Susan which is another brand that I was unfamiliar with. That's another thing that I love about Glossybox, the fact you can discover new brands although my bank account probably wouldn't agree with that. First of all, how cute is the packaging? Looking on the So Susan website, I love all of the packaging for this brand it's right up my street. I now have a list going of products that I want to try such as the Flutter Mascara and the Lip Domes. Reading about the brand it sounds as if they are combining make-up with anti-aging formulas which seems like a win win to me. The quad contains four shades which are of a creamy consistency. I think that the bottom right shade will be too dark for me although you could mix it with the white shade to make it lighter. I think that the white shade will be good for the inner corners of your eyes to counteract darkness and to brighten your eyes. For me I think that the top right shade will be good for dark circles and the bottom left will be good for spots and blemishes although you could blend them together to get a true match for your skin tone. The consistency reminds me of the Benefit Bo-ing concealers which I think are perfect for covering up spots. I recon that these could also be used for contouring with as cream bronzers. This is priced at £20 so a higher price range but I will leave an update in the comments as to whether I think that it is worth the price as there are many good affordable concealers out there such as the Collection Lasting Perfection one which is my current all time favourite concealer.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies and let me know in the comments if you are subscribed to Glossybox or whether you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them. Thank you for reading my lovelies.

7 comments:

  1. Nice review! I got same box too but slightly different products ( check out my blog )
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved your review you ha some really great pictures and I love that nail polish colour!

      Delete
  2. I've never actually tried Glossybox and I really want to, it looks like you got some amazing products.

    Beka. xo
    https://www.bloglovin.com/bekalouise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think it is definitely worth it, it' so exciting to try new products each month x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant review, I've never considered a glossybox subscription but I will now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, it won't be long until the January box arrives which I'll write a blog post on :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...