Thursday 15 January 2015

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot




Top L - R: Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Watt's Up!
Bottom L - R: Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur
Top L - R: Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Watt's Up!
Bottom L - R: Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur
Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb 
Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur

Afternoon my lovelies, I have a review post for you all today. One that I have been so excited to write for you all today. Thanks to my gorgeous Mother I was lucky enough to receive this lovely gift at Christmas. Benefit is a very special brand to me I love it so much but it isn't a brand that I would go to regularly as you all know that I am a hughstreet girl at heart and I can't afford to buy all my make-up from Benefit. But trust me - if I could afford it then I would. I love their brand they do gorgeous products with gorgeous packaging that are just a treat to use. Every year it's a small Christmas tradition for me to receive one of the products from heir limited edition Christmas range and this year I was in for a treat. I loved the Christmas range for 2014 with the sweet spot range, I brought the Goodies A Go Go eye pallet for my best friend but it was so, so tempting to pick one up for myself but I was unfortunately very well behaved and I restrained myself. Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the packaging. Who doesn't love a tin pallet? It's make-up within a sweet shop I mean hello who couldn't get excited by this? And inside are five gorgeous blushers each perfect for a different season, the classic Hoola bronzer, a highlighter and a cute dinky brush. You also receive a Tips and Tricks leaflet which gives you ideas of how to use each product which gave me a new insight to blushers as some should be applied with a swirl on the apples of your cheeks and others should be swiped over your apples and towards your cheekbones. The mind boggles who new different blushers should be applied differently - well not me anyway, so you see kids you learn something new everyday. Another amazing thing about this little gem is that the size of the bronzer and blushers is large and almost full size. Normally with the Benefit pallets you get lot's of mini products which don't get me wrong, I love a Benefit mini. It's a great way to test new products before splurging out on a larger, full size product which will be more expensive. So it was a nice treat to find a good amount of products to be used.

Dandelion
This is a gorgeous baby doll, barbie pink colour and I think that this will look really pretty in the Spring. Dandelion is one that has been on my Benefit wish list for a long time now so I was chuffed to see it in the pallet. If you're new to blushers or a bit nervous to wear blushers then this is the perfect colour for you as it isn't too dark it will blend nicely into the apples of your cheeks to give you a natural healthy glow. I think that it is the most wearable on an everyday basis out of all the blushers so if you were only looking to buy one then I recon you will get the most wear out of this one. Just apply as much as you want to the apples of your cheeks and you are good to go.

Bella Bamba
This is a beautiful watermelon pink blusher with a hint of shimmer. All of the blushers have shimmer in them which I think makes them easier to blend to your cheeks although I would say that this one has the most shimmer. I think that this one would look stunning for an evening look. It is a warmer shade so perfect for the winter months and I recon that this one would suit those of you with a darker skin tone more then Dandelion. The tip guide recommends that you sweep Bella Bamba over your cheeks and also blend it at your hairline. I know that I was instantly drawn to this shade as I think that it might compliment my darker hair.

Sugarbomb
This blusher contains four different colours: satsuma orange, watermelon pink, hot pink and a dusky purple shade. For this one I would recommend that you get a good swirl on with your brush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks. You're probably thinking that this sounds like a really weird colour to apply to your cheeks but once all of the colours are mixed it will leave you with a very natural soft pink colour with shimmer. I would describe it as a cross between Coralista and Dandelion but either way it will look beautiful on the cheeks. I was intrigued by this one but pleasantly surprised.

Hoola
Now for those of you who are Benefit or just general make-up fans you will all know that the Hoola bronzer is a cult classic and a massive favourite amongst the beauty bloggers. I have wanted to try this bronzer for so, so long. It is just that classic matte bronzer shade that will suit every skin tone all year round. You can use it for contouring or to add some colour to your face. It is very pigmented but it isn't too dark so you can layer it to achieve the desired look.

Coralista
As you can probably guess by the name, Coralista is a beautiful orange coral with a hint of pink that will look gorgeous in the Spring/Summer. Just writing this makes me excited for the Summer. Along with Bella Bamba I would say that this is one of the more shimmery shades. I was never sure about coral/orange blushers but I purchased the Sleek Lace pallet last year and I can now understand the hype for them. I also have my eye on the Benefit Majorette blusher but I really don't need any more blushers at the moment, but can you ever have to many?

Rockateur
This is a gorgeous rose gold colour which is perfect for Autumn/Winter. I have had my eye on this blusher for ages now as I love dusky rose gold colours. The type of make-up I tend to wear most of the year is a berry lip which I think will go really nicely with this blusher. It reminds me of Pomegrante by Sleek which has been a favourite of mine recently although this one has less shimmer. This one blends really nicely to your cheeks to give them a natural warm glow. I think that this one may become my staple blusher and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up buying the full size pot of this one after finishing this pallet as I think that this one compliments my appearance the best.

Watt's Up!
This is a cream Champagne gold highlighter. This complements all of the blushers and you can use it alongside the Hoola bronzer to contour. Benefit do some gorgeous highlighters but this was one that I hadn't tried before so I was dead excited to try it. To apply Watt's Up, just apply a small amount to your ring finger and blend it onto your brow bone, cheek bones, forehead and down the bridge of your nose. I love this highlighter and I really like the formula which I wasn't expecting.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies! I'm sorry that this is limited edition but if you can find a way to get your hands on this then I would highly recommend it. It is the sort of product you can use all year round and you get a lot of product with this one so it will take you a while to work your way through the box. Let me know in the comments what your Benefit favourites are. Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...