Thursday 1 January 2015

December Favourites 2014


Hello my lovelies and a Happy New Year to you all! I can't believe how quickly 2014 went. I thought what better way to celebrate the new year with a favourites blog post for you all from last December.

Snow Fairy Shower Gel From Lush 
When it comes to bath products I have used a lot recently. Obviously I wash all year but when the weather is disgusting outside all windy, rainy and cold one of my favourite things to do in the winter is to have a nice warm bath with a bath bomb. I have loved using all of the Christmas range from Lush last month although I'm not even half way through my collection yet. So instead of listing all of the amazing bath bombs that I used I thought I would mention a product that I have used multiple times from their Christmas range which is the Snow Fairy shower gel. Snow Fairy is a Lush Christmas classic - it comes out every year and everyone goes nuts for it. It is a very sweet scent so if you don't like sweet scents then this one really isn't for you but I personally love it. It doesn't remind me of a Christmas scent to me, I only think of this one as a Christmas product as it only comes out at Christmas. If there are any of these left in store or online I would highly recommend that you pick one up before it's gone until next Christmas, and it will be in the sale - bargain! It's a really pretty hot pink with blue glitter in it but it won't leave you covered in glitter like some of their bath bombs do. If you wanted to read my blog post on the Lush Christmas range from last year you can click here. 

Blood Orange Barry M Nail Varnish 
If you have read my blog posts from blogmas then you will all know how much I have loved wearing red nail varnish this past month. In particular my favourite has been a Barry M one in the shade Blood Orange. This is just a classic bright pillar box red shade that I recon everybody should own and it is perfect for the festive season. The gelly paints are really glossy and very pigmented. They are my favourite formula from the Barry M range. This polish looks really nice on it's own but I also love wearing this one with gold, silver or red glitter. Barry M do an amazing range of colours and different formulas yet they are very affordable so you should definitely check them out if you haven't yet.

Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow In Metallic Pomegranate 
This year I have been converted to colour eyeshadows and in winter I like to wear darker shades. In particular I have been using this one a lot which I featured in My Everyday Winter Make-up Rountine post in Blogmas. It is a beautiful dark berry shade with gold glitter and brown undertones. I love this colour because I have green eyes so purple/pink/berry colours look nice if you have green eyes as they contrast with the green which makes your eyes stand out more. The brown and gold in it makes it easier to wear. I dab this over my eyelids and blend it out with a brush. I then apply a darker brown shade in the outer corner of my eye and a lighter shade in the inner corner to contour with. Although the good thing about these is you can apply them as a base or you could just apply them on their own and you're good to go. I was pleasantly surprised by the formula of cream eyeshadows as they are less creamy then I was expecting so I thought that they might slide down your eye after wearing make-up all day especially as I have oily skin but instead they are more of a cream to powder formula so they will stay in place and not look greasy.

Carmex Lip Balm
This is a product that I use all year round although I have found myself using it more regularly this past month. I think it's because of the colder weather and the fact I had a cold last month that my lips have been dry. This is just a really good lip balm that feels soothing and moisturising. I love this lip balm as it doesn't make your lips worse as some lip balms have a chemical in them which make your lips chap more so you use the lip balm more often but this one doesn't. I also love the cherry flavour to this one it smells amazing if that's something that you look for in a lip balm. I have lost count of how many of these I have got through over the years, it must be in double figures.

Red Sunrise Lipstick by Bourjois
The last product in my favourites post is lip crayon from Bourjois. I've had this about a year now and I love wearing this in the winter months and over Christmas as it's a really nice festive red. In fact I wore it on Christmas Day. I also think that it's a wearable red as it has berry pink undertones in it so it's not 100% red if you're nervous of red lipstick or you struggle to wear it. This crayon claims to last 10 hours and wether it does or not I don't know as I didn't time it but what I do know is that it lasted all day which included me eating and drinking throughout the day and I didn't apply any touch ups. These lip crayons are balmy and moisturising yet they are very pigmented and their formula reminds me of a lipstick rather then a balm or crayon. I also own a really pretty peach shade that I will be wearing throughout the Spring. These lipsticks are of a really good quality and I think that there are six shades to choose from. These lipsticks are really moisturising and they contain SPF 15 so they are full of goodness for your lips. I might need to pick up a few more of these as a New Years treat.

Thank you for reading my lovelies and I hope that you have an amazing day today and you enjoyed the celebrations last night. Let me know in the comments what your favourites were from December.

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I have been meaning to try the 24 hour colour tattoos by Maybelline and that colour looks stunning! I also love the colour of that Bourjois lipstick, I've also been meaning to pick one of those up also!

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely check out the colour tattoos they have an amazing range of colours and really easy to apply. I'm tempted to pick up another one of the Bourjois lipsticks they are really pretty and a great quality x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...