Thursday 22 January 2015

A Spontaneous Superdrug Splurge


Hello my lovelies, I have a beauty haul post for you all today. I haven't had a make-up haul for many months now and I think that I was well due one. I wasn't planning a make-up splurge but after a stressful morning trying to sort my mobile out I needed a little retail therapy to help calm my nerves. I went to Superdrug where I had a very successful session finding some new products to test - some of which I may write separate blog posts on.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse In Nude
This is my staple foundation. If you have followed my blog for a while then you will know that I am so, so fussy when it comes to foundation. I have naturally oily skin and I haven't found a liquid foundation that doesn't leave me looking like a sweating oompa-lumpa within seconds. Even the liquid matte foundations don't sit nicely on my skin without layers and layers of powder which just leaves me looking and feeling cakey. I have no bad things to say about this foundation and if you are interested then you can read a full blog post on it by clicking here. I always like to keep this well stocked up in my make-up collection and I just started a new pot so I thought I would pick another one up to stock up. I normally pick up two as theres usually an offer like by one get one half price or two for £10 but there was only one left in my shade. This foundation is currently priced at £7.69

Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil In Deep Brown
Eye brows aren't something I have bothered thinking about before. I shape mine but I never fill mine in as I naturally have dark hair and I don't want them to look overpowering and it's also difficult finding a shade dark enough. Although recently I've felt they are looking a bit gappy if that makes sense and I thought I would try filling them in. I've had my eye on the new Maybelline Brow Satin which is basically a gel pen and powder duo. I liked it as I haven't seen anything like it and I thought that it would be quick and easy to use but when ever I go to pick one up they are always sold out in dark brown. Instead I thought I would try the Master Shape product which has a kohl pencil and a brush. I was just so chuffed to find an eyebrow product that was dark enough for me to use that actually matches my eyebrow colour. I have since been pleasantly surprised by it. I brush my eyebrows first to brush any powder out and it also helps to shape them. I then fill in any gaps using the pencil. I just find that it helps define and shape them without making them too in your face. The kohl pencil is really easy to use and you can also build it up depending on the coverage you want. This was priced at £2.99 so a lot cheaper then the satin brow which was £5.99.



Bourjois Color Edition 24 Hour Cream To Powder Eyeshadow In Petal De Glace
A few months ago I finally overcame my fear of cream eyeshadows and ever since I have been obsessed with them. For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive the Urban Decay Naked 3 pallet which I'm planning to do a blog post on. The Naked 3 pallet has a lot of brown/pink shades which I think are just gorgeous and will compliment my green eyes. I am a little bit too obsessed with Rose Gold at the moment and I thought that I would pick up enough cream eyeshadow to use as a base to go with the Naked 3 pallet which I think will look really nice for the Spring/Summer. I love the Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoo eyeshadows but I have wanted to try the Bourjois version for a while now to see how they compare so I thought why not. I picked up this gorgeous rose gold colour which is a dupe for Rose Gold by Maybelline. This one is called Petal De Glace which I think translates to Petal Of Ice or Ice Petal which is such a cute name. The Bourjois version also claims to last 24 hours so I'm excited to test it and I think I will right a blog post comparing the Maybelline and Bourjois versions. Either way I think this will look really nice with the Naked 3 pallet or just on it it's own. Buying this just makes me want Spring to be here now. This was priced at £6.99.



Barry M Kohl Pencil In Brown
Previously I have never understood why you would wear any colour eyeliner which isn't black. Although saying that I have a pallet from Bourjois which has a cream brown eyeliner in which I loved using in the Autumn. Like I said previously the Naked 3 pallet has a lot of brown and pink shades so i thought I would pick up a brown eyeliner to compliment them. Don't get me wrong I love my black eyeliner but sometimes I think it can look a bit heavy or intense for a casual day time look so I only tend to wear it for an evening look. Brown eyeliners look softer and they still emphasise your eyes naturally without being too in your face. When it comes to eyeliner I'm really not fussy and the only other eyeliner that I own is another Barry M one in Black which I love and I find it does the job so I thought I would pick another one up in Brown. There may be better kohl pencils out there I don't know but Barry M is cheap and cheerful and it does the job. Saying that I have read good blog posts about the Barry M eyeliners before. This was priced at £2.99 so I was chuffed with that one.



Barry M Eyeshadow Pencils in Brown Black and Bronze
Whilst at the Barry M stand I noticed their eyeshadow pencils. I have wanted to try eyeshadow pencils for a while now but I just haven't got round to it before. I think they're really good for using in creases or just all over your eye. I swatched some Barry M ones and I picked up two in Brown Black and Bronze. I'm really into my neutral shades at the moment and I already know that I am going to love using these. Another thing I love about them is that they have a creamy formula similar to that of the cream eyeshadow basis and pots and as you know I'm a bit obsessed with them at the moment. These also claim to be waterproof which makes me think that they will also last a long time. The Bronze shade is a really pretty golden bronze colour and Brown Black is a dark plum brown shade which I think you could use with a smoky or purple eye. Both will also look really nice with brown eyeliner as well. These were priced at £4.59 each which I think is good value as they're a little cheaper then the cream eyeshadow pots. I swatched these earlier and they are slightly metallic and both gorgeous I don't want to wash the swatches off.



I hope you enjoyed this haul post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...