Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Lip Product Tag

The lip product tag is something that has been circulating around the beauty bloggers world for years now but I thought I would put my own spin on it, and write a post on my lip product tag.

So here are my questions:
1) What was the first lipstick that you brought?
2) What is your favourite lip gloss?
3) What is your favourite lipstick?
4) What was your most recent purchase?
5) What is your everyday lipstick?
6) What is your winter lipstick pick?
7) What is your spring lipstick pick?
8) What is your summer lipstick pick?
9) What is your autumn lipstick pick?

L-R 05, Chic, Stellar Pink, Give Me A Cuddle, Hot Date,  Peach On The Beach, Ditsy, Berry Smoothie
Answers:
1) The first proper lipstick that I brought aside from cheap children's lipstick I may of had over the years was the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 05. I absolutely love this lipstick and it is also the answer to number 3 as it is my favourite lipstick. I think the packaging is sleek and classy and I think that the berry tonnes with dark pink is perfect for my complexion. It can be worn on a night out or in the day. If everybody could only own one lipstick this would definitely be mine. It is currently priced at £5.49 - random price I know.

2) This definitely has to be Chic by Tanya Burr. I love the range of nail polishes and lip glosses that she brought out this year and I feel the quality, particularly the lip glosses is just as good as other well known high street brands. Chic is a brown nude and I think looks good all year round. As you can probably guess from the questions I am more of a lip stick then a lip gloss kinda girl. This is only because I find with lip glosses they can be sticky and your hair gets stuck to your lips which isn't the most attractive look. Yet this lipgloss isn't sticky and I love the smell. I can imagine some people not liking the smell yet I personally love it, it reminds me of strawberry laces. It is priced at £6.99 although there seems to be a deal on at certain sites where you can purchase it for £4.66 so now seems a good time to get one or two.

3) See number one

4) This lipstick was featured in my Mini Maybelline Haul post and it is Stellar Pink. Its a great pinky nude with shimmer in that looks great for Autumn and I have been wearing it most days recently. It is priced at £6.99.

5) I found this question really difficult as I go through different periods where I will mainly wear one lipstick and then I will change it. Although looking back over 2014 I would say the lipstick I would go to on a daily basis is Give Me A Cuddle from the Rimmel Rita Ora range. I wore this practically everyday when I was at Sixth Form. It's really difficult to describe the colour. It appears to be a coraly-pink although when I apply it, it looks a deeper pink then when swatched or in the packaging. I love the balmy texture although when you swatch it, it looks sheer yet on the lips it has a more lipstick texture and tone, although this may be as I have pigmented lips. The value is £5.99.

6) My winter lipstick would be Hot Date, by The Body Shop. I love the new range of lipsticks that they brought out a while ago. They are incredibly shiny and of a really good quality. Hot Date is a deep plumy red which appears and swatches as a deep purple plum although it appears more redder on the lips. It can be purchased for £10.

7) Spring time for me is all about the pastels and corals. My favourite would be Peach On The Beach by Bourjois and can I just say that it has the cutest name. It really annoys me when they don't have names, I don't know why. It is a really pretty peachy shade as you can guess by the name. Although it appears as a balm it is definitely a lipstick that claims to last for 10 hours. Whether it does or not I don't know - I've never timed it although I have noticed that it lasts a lot longer then other lipsticks. It is valued at £7.99.

8) During summer I'm now all for bright reds and oranges and my pick would be Ditsy by Topshop. The quality of the Topshop lipsticks is incredible and often compared to Mac yet at a cheaper price. It is a beautiful bright red/coral colour that blends really nicely and you can see by the picture above how shiny it is. The Topshop makeup is really good which I wasn't expecting but after hearing bloggers rave about it I gave it ago and now I can't stop buying it. You can buy it for £8.

9) Last but no means least is the Revlon lip butter in Berry Smoothie. As you can tell by the shape of it I wore this LOADS last Autumn. For me it is almost a my lips colour but better as it adds a pinker tone to my lips. The lip butters are incredibly moisturising and I absolutely adore the packaging. I have a growing collection of lip butters but this is definitely one of my favourites. It is a berry colour with a hint of shimmer which you can probably tell by the name. You can pick one up for £7.99.

L-R: 05, Chic, Stellar Pink, Give Me A Cuddle, Hot Date, Peach On The Beach, Ditsy, Berry Smoothie

As you can tell by this post I'm definitely a drug store girl at heart. I'm defiantly saving for more high end products but when you can get such good drugstore makeup I can make do with these. I hope you enjoyed my lovelies and feel free to comment and follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...