Monday 8 September 2014

I Heart London

Hello my lovelies,
A slightly different post today as it is non-beauty related. Yesterday I went to London with my best friend where we did some sight seeing on a low student budget before she leaves for uni and I thought that I would write a blog post on what we did. Also just wanted to mention that I finally got a new laptop which makes blogging so much easier than using my mobile.

Anyway, I absolutely love London. I love the buzz you get in London and I don't see how you could ever get bored as there is so much to do and see. I know this sounds sad but another highlight for me is getting the tube, no idea why but I just love a tube. My aim is to go to London at least once a year minimum and to try and do some sight seeing and shopping there. Once a year it's almost a family tradition to go to the theatre in London which is always insane, I love going, personal favourite has to be Wicked. Sorry rambling.

Yesterday we got the train into London Paddington where we then got on the tube to Kensington. I had no idea how big the Kensington gardens and park is, it's massive and so, so pretty. If I lived in London I would try and go there everyday, it might even persuade me to start exercising and go running. There are so many fountains and memorial sights which are so pretty. We then got slightly lost trying to find the Palace as the parks are massive but once we got there and avoided the swans we had a little nosy around the shop.



We then popped back on the tube and went to Neal's Yard which I had never heard of before. It is so cute and quirky with little brightly coloured shops and so quiet compared to the chaos on Oxford Street.



After eating lunch in Oxford street and spending a little too long looking around the shops we then went to beauty heaven, Harrods. I could spend hours and hours looking at the designer fashion and clothing brands but on our student budget we couldn't afford anything but theres no harm in looking.


We spend hours then trying to get to Westminster but with tube stations shut and repairs on the circle line it became impossible so we gave up and went to Tower Bridge which is somewhere I've been before and love. I find it so calming to just stand there and I won't lie but I do love doing a bit of people watching. 

We tried to get to Shakespeare's Globe but again with the tube problems and our feet in agony, we gave up and went to the pub for some cheeky Vodka and Lemonades. The pub was called The Horniman At Hays and you can sit outside and look over the Thames. 


There was less sight seeing then planned but it was still such a nice day out. I'm going to try and start saving for another trip back to London where I then may have a cheeky splurge on a makeup counter or two in Harrods but like I said I need to do some saving first. 

I hope you enjoyed this post even though it was different to usual. If you're thinking of visiting London, I can highly recommend it!
Thank you for reading my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...