Tuesday 5 January 2016

Get Your Party On! By Benefit



I adore Benefit and over Christmas I was lucky enough to receive the Get Your Party On gift set from my aunty. This is the perfect gift set for me as it contains all of my favourite Benefit products. The Hoola bronzer, They're Real Mascara and High Beam highlighter are all products I use daily if I want to make an effort with my make-up. They would have been going on my birthday list so it is very satisfying to be able to remove them from the list. Benefit is one of my all time favourite make-up brands and I wouldn't normally treat myself to anything to simply 'stock up' on so this was a very good choice indeedy. The fourth product in the tin of wonders is an eyebrow product called Gimmie Brow which I have never tried before yet I have read great reviews about it. I absolutely adore the packaging for the gift set. Benefit always goes to town with their cute and quirky vintage packaging and I love the bold bright green and spinning pictures. I won't lie but the tin kept me entertained for a good five minutes before even opening it.

Hoola Bronzer



This is the best bronzer a girl could wish for and the only bronzer you will need in your life. The bronzer itself is a warm toned matte bronzer that is perfect all year round and I recon it would suit most skin types. It is perfect for contouring to define your cheekbones and to simply add some warmth to your face. It is highly pigmented so you barely need any on your brush. It blends beautifully and it is really easy to build up for the desired look whether it's a more subtle day time look or you want to go all out for an evening look. I adore the cute box packaging. The blushers all come in boxes and I think it would look amazing to have a row of Benefit boxes in my make-up collection. That is the dream. 

High Beam 



The High Beam highlighter is perfect to pair alongside the Hoola bronzer. This is also my favourite highlighter from Benefit. It is a gorgeous champagne pink that easily blends above your cheekbones to give you a natural glow and radiance boost. Applied above Hoola you could give yourself amazing cheekbones. You honestly don't need a huge amount so this will last me a long, long time. I've nearly finished a mini version that I received in a gift set so this couldn't have arrived at a better time.

They're Real 



I have raved and raved about this mascara several times on my blog already. The They're Real mascara has opened my eyes to mascara - see what I did there - and I would never use a another mascara. I tried this for the first time last Christmas when I was a lucky girl and received one from my Mum and sorry to be dramatic but it has transformed my mascara world. Previously I would never understand how people got excited by mascaras as they all had the same effect on my eye lashes yet this one is completely different. One brush and it almost look like I'm wearing false eyelashes. My eye lashes appear like 10 times longer and they appear thicker and more volumised. I naturally have quite long eye lashes so I didn't think this was possible. This mascara suits me to a tee so I just pray to the Beauty Gods that this mascara is never discontinued. I want to write a full separate blog post on this mascara as it is just incredible. I think I might also do the same for Hoola and High Beam. It would be rude not to seeing as they are also favourite products of mine.

Gimmie Brow 



I think I'm in the minority when I say that I'm not a fan of the current trend of bold eyebrows. I never colour of fill mine in as I naturally have quite dark eyebrows. I tried this once and then scared myself in the mirror. However, what I do, do is use an eyebrow brush and brush out any powder after I've applied my powder to make sure that they are their natural colour and not chalky. I trust Benefit 100% and I like trying new things so I will also give this product a go. Who knows maybe it will become another favourite of mine. Especially as this has won multiple beauty awards it can't be a bad product. You simply brush a small amount through your eyebrows and then use an eyebrow brush to brush through the product evenly. Mine is in the shade medium/dark which is very fitting for mine. The brush looks small and dinky and easy to use so I'm really looking forward to trying it.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments what your favourite Benefit products are and what you were treated to from Benefit over Christmas.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...