Tuesday 12 January 2016

Boudoir Eyes By Too Faced








Good afternoon my lovelies and a Happy Tuesday to you all. I have another gorgeous make-up blog post for you all today that will leave you feeling all warm and cosy inside. Too Faced is a brand that I find myself spending hours and hours gazing over yet it isn't a brand that is readily available in the UK and even if you are lucky enough to find one or two bits and bobs I'm pretty sure you can't browse through the entire collection. This saddens me immensely as Too Faced is a gorgeous brand with top quality and luxurious products; their packaging is always on point and I particularly love their make-up palettes. If you are new to Too Faced or still need convincing just google their range of eye shadow palettes and look up their chocolate bar ones. Any brand that incorporates make-up and chocolate is a winner in my eyes.

I have had my eyes on their eyeshadow palettes for years and years now especially the Natural and Boudoir Eyes Palette. Whilst in Paris my amazing Mother purchased the Boudoir palette for me which she saved and treated me to for Christmas. Feeling very lucky and spoilt when ever I look at this palette I feel all warm and glowy inside and I am reminded of our gorgeous Paris adventure and warming sunshine and blue skies. This is very much needed in this dreary, cold, wet and dark time of year. If it wasn't for Christmas I don't think I would particularly like winter.

The Boudoir palette is packaged in this gorgeous pale pink tin designed as a luxurious and vintage mattress. It excites me when palettes are packaged in tins as they feel more sturdy and special. Does this apply to anyone else out there or is it just me? Inside the tin full of dreams which may I add makes a very satisfying noise when you open and close it; are nine gorgeous eye shadows ranging from matte to shimmery. As well as the eyeshadows there is a pretty decent sized mirror making this palette perfect for travelling or a hand bag essential. Especially the fact that the nine beauties are concealed in a magnetic tin you know they will travel safely.

The eyeshadows have been categorised into three different looks: day, classic and fashion. Too Faced have also included a little 'booklet' on how you can use the eyeshdows to achieve the desired look. This would be perfect if you are new to make-up or want some advice or new ideas to get you started. However, once your confidence is booming you don't have to stick to these combinations, you could go crazy and spice it up a bit by mixing different combinations. The world is your oyster so have fun and experiment.

Day

In The Buff - Matte white shade which is the perfect highlighter
Fuzzy Handcuffs - Matte pale pink rosy brown shade
Voulez-Vous - Rich dark chocolate brown shade perfect for contouring in the outer corner of your eye

Classic

Satin Sheets - Gorgeous pale pink satin highlighter
Sugar Walls - Shimmery pale brown
Garter Belt - Matte grey

Fassion

Birthday Suit - Satin taupe gold perfect for a golden highlight
Lap Dance - Satin grey with brown under tonnes
French Tickler - Black with a slight golden sparkle, perfect for smoky eyes and a night out or as an eyeliner

All of the eyeshadow shades are gorgeous and I know that I will find a use for each and every single one of these. If I had to chose my top three favourites it would have to be Voulez-Vous, Sugar Walls and Birthday Suit. Sometimes in a palette you can find yourself with two or three shades that you never use; you sometimes look at them and think 'Oh maybe I'll find a use for this one' but one or two years down the line and you still haven't touched it yet I know each and everyone of these shades will be used. The formulation of the eyeshadows is incredible they are really creamy, blendable and highly pigmented. I would highly recommend the Too Faced eyeshadows and now I know that I will want to increase my collection. Who knows maybe this time next year I'll be lucky enough to receive another palette and I'll be writing a very similar blog post. Or I may have spontaneous splurge myself, watch this space my lovelies.
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...