Sunday 10 January 2016

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection


L-R: Triangle Foundation 101, Flat Contour 301, Oval Shadow 200
Is it weird that I get excited by make-up brushes? Probably but I'm sure every beauty blogger would agree with me that they get that buzz and squeal at a new make-up brush. I love the Real Technique brush collection especially as the creators started off with their own beauty blog and were then lucky enough to design their own collection. Just imagine how incredible that would be to have that opportunity. I have quite a few make-up brushes from their original collection. Although the Real Technique brushes are a little more pricier then other high street brushes they are definitely worth that extra bit of money. Just using the correct make-up brush can instantly transform how you apply your make-up and the finished result.

When I saw the introduction of the Bold Metal's Collection it instantly appealed to me. Although I will be honest I was put off by the price. These are over double the price to the original collection and when the original collection is so good I have spent a long time debating if it would be worth it.

For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive this gift set from my Gran and Grandad which contains three of the seven brushes from the collection. I feel so spoilt as I have had my eye on these for what feels like a life time.

I love how the Real Techniques brushes also provide you with tips of how to use the brushes effectively and you can also go on to their website where they teach you the 'science' in how they create their make-up brushes and what makes them so effective.

I adore the packaging. I'm all for metallic and who can resist the rose gold, silver and gold design of the brushes. Even the beautiful snow white brush fibres have gold, pink and silver inning through them. They look so special and pristine I almost don't want to use them to spoil them yet at the same time I'm dying to dive in and try them out. But hey I can always wash them so option two wins on that contest.

The brush fibres are incredibly soft, even softer then the original collection if that is even possible. The brushes have weighted handles aiding control for pressure variations and they have tapered tips allowing you to gain a build able finish. See what I mean about the science behind the brushes. The gold brushes are designed for your foundation, the rose gold are designed for the overall finish and contouring such as blusher, bronzer and highlighters and the silver brushes are designed for your eye make-up.

In the Bold Metals Selection pack there are three brushes:

Triangle Foundation 101
It's very rare to find a triangular make-up brush in fact I don't think I've seen one before. This brush has multiple functions as you can use the larger flatter edges for applying your base make-up to wider sections of your face such as your forehead or you can use the triangular points for contouring or applying your make-up to the smaller creases such as around your eyes and nose. I adore the gold packaging it looks very luxurious. I know I will definitely get great use out of this brush for contouring possibly using bronzer or when applying concealer and foundation around my eyes and nose.

Flat Contour 301 
What can I say I am and will always be a sucker for Rose Gold - beautiful. This is a denser brush and I think possibly my favourite from the collection. I know I will be using this for applying blusher and highlighter for when contouring. It's the perfect 'cheek' shape brush to get the desired coverage. I believe this is the optimum blusher brush and I would chose this design over the more typical blusher brushes.

Oval Shadow 200
This could be an all in one eye shadow brush. The brush head is the perfect size for all over eye lid coverage of the eyeshadow application yet the softness and roundness is also perfect for contouring your eye make-up and blending for a softer finish. Once again I am absolutely loving the gorgeous silver packaging of the brush.

The problem is now that I have tried and instantly fallen in love with these make-up brushes I want to increase my collection to the entire range which may be slightly tricky for my bank account. Yet like I said above make-up brushes are really worth investing in as they do determine the finished result. You definitely won't get hairs falling out of your brush with these I can guarantee you that. The presentation is stunning but not only that the brushes are incredible and I find the science behind the design really interesting. They are very happily welcomed to my make-up brush family.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried the Real Techniques Bold Metals range and which brushes are your favourites.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...