Friday 1 April 2016

March Favourites 2016




Hello my lovelies and a Happy Friday to you all! Who has that Friday feeling? I know I do. It's also April Fool's day - help us all. First of all, where has the month gone it has seemed to fly by. March always seems to go quickly with Mother's day, my Mum's birthday and Easter. Plus I have also been to stay with family and friends. It has been a busy and crazy month that's for sure.

Lovie Dovie Nail Polish By Essie

One of the best things about March is the official arrival of Spring; and when it comes to nail polish this means I can go totally crazy and crack out the pastel nail polishes. This makes me immensely happy. One nail polish that I have been reaching for in particular is Lovie Dovie by Essie. This isn't a new nail polish, I have had this colour for many years now. A retro if you like. In a way I am surprised at myself for reaching for this polish so much as I tend to normally wear it more in the Summer. I don't know why but in my head I see Spring for super, super pale pastels; pinks, greens, blues and purples that are so pale they are almost white. Whilst in the Summer I tend to go slightly brighter. It might be because I have been using gradual tanning lotion this past month in preparation for Spring I don't know. Lovie Dovie is your classic barbie doll pink. I'm normally more of a dark pink or pastel pink girl yet I have just found myself reaching for this colour so much recently. Even now as I'm sat here typing away I find myself smiling as I get a glimpse of my busy fingers typing away wearing this beautiful shade. The Essie nail polishes are a beautiful thick formula yet they aren't too thick where they can look streaky. I only need two coats to get a beautiful full coverage. The polishes themselves are also super glossy. There are so many amazing colours to chose from with beautiful names Essie is a brand that I would highly recommend. I love my collection.

Acai Smoothie Nail Polish By Barry M

Another nail polish that I have found myself reaching for a lot over March was surprise, surprise a Barry M shade. Acai Smoothie is one of the latest additions to their Gelly collection which is my favourite range that Barry M produce. Again, surprisingly to myself this isn't a pastel shade. It is a beautiful mauve purple. It is one of four for the Spring 2016 collection with the theme of pastels and nudes yet this is the darkest shade of the collection. I thought I would find it quite difficult to pair this shade with multiple outfits however this hasn't been the case. It is actually a really easy shade to wear and I have also found myself reaching for this a lot recently. I have basically alternated between the two shades over March. To sum it up, the gelly collection is thick, glossy, long lasting and easy to apply. Barry M is also really affordable and a cheaper alternative to Essie yet the quality of the nail polish would make you think that it is from a high end beauty brand. If you are interested in the Gelly Spring 2016 collection you can read my blog post by clicking here.

The Strength Restorer Serum By Garnier

Hair care is really important to me and I am always after products that can help to keep my hair looking healthy. I do straighten my hair regularly although when it comes to styling it could probably be worse. Even so I still want to look after my hair. I have recently been using a serum from Garnier which I have been really enjoying. I love the Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Care range; in particular the Strength and Sleek restorers. I thought I would test out the Serum from the strength restorer range. I apply two pumps through the ends of my hair after washing it. I find that my hair gets really knotty after I've washed it so if I apply the oil before brushing my hair it makes it a whole lot easier to deal with. I find that alongside my tangle teeser, brushing my hair after washing it isn't a nightmare anymore as the brush can glide through. Not only that I have found that it leaves my hair looking super shiny which I approve of and appreciate immensely. The strength restorer range also smells of honey; very refreshing and Spring like so what's not to love?

Snow Fairy Shower Gel By Lush

When it comes to washing and all things hygienic I have been loving using the Snow Fairy shower gel by Lush. Yes I know it was from their Christmas range and yes I know that it is now April but what can I say, I'm a free spirit. If you're like me and you love scents that are sweet and slightly food related then you will love the scent of Snow Fairy. It is a super sweet scent and too sweet for many but I personally love it. It is a Lush christmas classic. If you say the words 'Lush Christmas Range' to a true Lush fan then they will instantly reply with 'Snow Fairy'. I wish it wasn't limited edition yet I suppose maybe it wouldn't be as special to be if I could buy it all year round. It is a beautiful barbie doll pink with a silver simmer running through it. Packed full of candy floss and sugary sweetness it is just to die for. The quality of the Lush shower gels is also really good. I picked up a small bottle yet this will last me a long time. That doesn't mean I don't wash often - I do. The shower gel itself lathers really easily and creates beautiful Lush bubbles for your shower or bath. I have actually been enjoying using this sweet scent for the start of Spring as it's very refreshing.

Summer Glow Body Lotion By Dove

During the colder months I find that I get dry skin quite easily, especially as I was really ill the previous month I have been slapping on the moisturiser. In true preparation for Spring/Summer I have brought one of my oldest and dearest friends out of hibernation. I have been using the Dove Summer Glow body lotion for years now. I think it goes back to my year 11 prom in 2012. My legs always tan the least so I like to give them a little head start for when it is warm and sunny enough to crack out the skirts and shorts. The body lotion is really moisturising and it leaves my skin feeling really soft afterwards. It absorbs into your skin really quickly. Not only is it benefiting by reducing the dry skin yet it is also a gradual tan giving a bit of warmth and colour to my legs. It has a lovely scent towards it and luckily not the one of ammonia that some fake tans have. I usually get through three or four of these bottles over Spring and Summer but that's not too bad for over half of the years worth.

Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies. I would love to know what products you have loved using over March and if they are similar to mine. Enjoy the rest of your day it's not long to go for that weekend push now.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...