Wednesday 23 March 2016

Happy Birthday Mum



Hello my lovelies, I have a lovely post in honour of my gorgeous Mum today. It was my Mum's birthday on the 21st of March and I thought I would share some birthday celebrations with you all in a little Day In The Life Post.

To celebrate my Mum's birthday we were lucky enough to be able to have a Champagne Afternoon Tea at The Grand Hotel courtesy of my Mum's work colleagues. Won't say no to that. We had a lovely relaxing morning before setting off enjoying opening presents and squealing with excitement. The morning was made slightly more complicated with the fact I had a flat tyre but being two sophisticated grown up's we dealt with the situation. Un defeated we headed off to the hotel which was incredibly posh and oldy-wordly. Before arriving a quick car wash was essential, thank you very much Mr Seagull.

When we arrived our bags were taken in for us and they even parked the car for us. I'm not used to this level of poshness but it's little touches like these that make the whole experience even more special. The design of the hotel is stunning, so posh and old fashioned I felt as if we could be staring in an Agatha Christie episode.

Our hotel room was gorgeous with a beautiful bathroom filled with Molten and Brown products and it even came with a Nespresso machine. Definitely my kind of hotel. We headed down for our afternoon tea with a table right next to the fire place. The hotel provided a gorgeous selection of freshly made sandwiches, scones and cakes which were beautiful and light. Essential after the champagne which went straight to both of our heads. Note to self, champagne on an empty stomach isn't always the best idea. I personally don't like tea but Peppermint tea went down a treat. The whole meal was delicious and presented beautifully, I would highly recommend it.

Tea:
Peppermint and Jasmine

Sandwich Selection:
Egg and Tomato
Cucumber and Cream Cheese
Coronation Chicken
Smoked Salmon

Scones:
Freshly Baked Fruit Scones with Clotted Cream and Strawberry Jam

Cakes:
Plum and Cinnamon Moose
Ginger Cake
Mocha Cake
Bakewell Slice






What I wore:

Dress - Primark
Blazer - New Look
Black Tights - New Look
Jewellery - New Look (Silver hoops and silver ring)
Pandora Bracelet
Bag - Accessorize
Nail polish - Koala-Berry by OPI

We then headed out for a little walk along the sea front. I love seeing the sea at dusk, I find it really calming with the sunset and seeing all of the lights starting to turn on. It's almost as if the town shuts down for the evening.


The next day after a cappuccino we were treated to breakfast in bed. We opted for fresh fruit and juice followed by scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. It was beautiful; best scrambled eggs ever.

Whilst at the The Grand we treated ourselves to a spa morning. Going to The Grand is probably something you only do once so you've got to make the most of every opportunity. We both had a facial and a hot stone massage. Both of these were new experiences for me. It was lovely to stop and be pampered. I think everybody including myself should learn to stop and take time to pamper themselves. It always seems like such a treat but I'm pretty sure that everyone is guilty of not taking the time to treat themselves enough.

We then headed back and enjoyed a gorgeous warm and sunny afternoon walk on the Downs. Perfect end to the two days.

I hope you enjoyed this little blog post my lovelies. Just a small snippet into some birthday celebrations that you don't often do. Enjoy the rest of your day.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...