Thursday 24 March 2016

Motown The Musical


Hello my lovelies, I have another Day In The Life Post for you all - Such fun! Last year I'm not sure what had happened to us that day but me and Mum were definitely in a spontaneous mood. I can't even remember when we did this but we made the spontaneous move of booking tickets to see The Jersey Boys in London as a Christmas treat. Whilst scanning the 'What's on' page we saw an advert for Motown The Musical. The Broadway hit was performing in the WestEnd for a limited period of Spring and Summer 2016. After watching the trailer we needed little persuading and thought sod it let's book it. Especially seeing as it's only running for a limited time. I'm so glad we discovered it early as I think it is pretty much all booked up now and when we saw the production it was a full house. Not bad for a Thursday afternoon performance. We booked it for the 24th March just after Mum's birthday to carry on the Birthday celebrations. I love going to London and when ever I visit I always write a blog post on it as it's always a special treat for me and not something I do everyday.

We started the day perfectly with a trip to our favourite cafe - Cafe Nero of course. We treated ourselves to our favourite of an amaretti latte that set us up for the train journey. Usually incredibly painful with southern rail but for once it was fast, efficient and actually arrived on time. Definitely spoke too soon for the journey home.


We got the tube to Green park and walked to Covent Garden. London during the week is so much quieter and actually quite enjoyable to stroll around. I always think you see more then if you get the tube.

We stopped off at Fortman and Mason to check out the Easter Displays and O M G they had  gone to town on the displays. Beautifully crafted Easter eggs with ladybirds and sunflowers alongside adorable chicks and bunnies. Of course the centrepiece was the massive £200 chocolate rabbit surrounded by massive bowls of colourful chocolate eggs in an endless range of flavours. We couldn't afford to buy but we always say that there is no harm in looking. If anyone reading this feels the need to buy me any of these chocolate goodies, do feel free.



We walked on over to Covent Garden and looked around the gorgeous and luxurious shops and stalls. If I could afford to I would love to do all of my Christmas shopping there.

The lovely Pizza Express had sent Mum a voucher treating her to a free bottle of Prosceeo for her birthday. Well rude not. Keeping with our theatre tradition of always enjoying a pizza before a musical we headed to Pizza Express where we enjoyed our lovely bubbles. We almost managed the whole bottle which I would have loved to have done but in fear of not making it to the theatre we thought maybe not. We both enjoyed a gorgeous Melanzana pizza followed by a Cappuccino and Chocolate Brownie. Perfect.


We headed off to the theatre to watch the musical which was amazing. So feel good and fun you can't help but smile. Not growing up in the Motown era I was surprised as to how many of the songs I recognised. I guess you pick them up with out realising from the media. I would highly recommend the performance if you are able to get tickets. The show was slick and the performers gave it everything. They had amazing costumes and dance moves and were so in sink.

Heading home was stressful with broken down tubes, overcrowding and delays. I think we were both quite grateful to get home.

I had a magical day. Going to the theatre is so special to me and usually a once a year treat so I am very thankful. I would love to know if any of you have seen the musical. Thank you for reading my lovelies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...