Friday 19 June 2015

June Glossybox 2015


Good afternoon my lovelies and a Happy Friday to you all - nearly the weekend whose on countdown? Earlier in the week a lovely little something full of goodness arrived in the post and it was the June Glossybox festival edition. I love it when the boxes have a theme to them it makes it more intriguing. This box features three full size products to last you throughout summer. The box contains a range of products of travel essentials, skin protectors and beauty. Glossybox often features products that aren't available to buy yet so it's useful to find out what the up and coming beauty trends and essentials are going to be. Another good thing and also may I add generous thing about Glossybox is that they often provide you with exclusive codes and discounts for if you chose to repurchase a product and in this months box I received a £25 voucher for Hello Fresh which was a nice surprise.

Rosewood Reviving Mist By MONU Spa
Now I love a spa product I mean who doesn't love a spa product. This is a reviving face mist that you can spray onto your face in the morning and throughout the day to provide a reviving and refreshing feeling. It can be used on bare skin, moisturised or onto make-up to set it in place. I'm not overwhelmed by the smell to be honest it sounds appealing of Lemon, Rosewood, Sandlewood, Petitgrain and Geranium yet to me it smells slightly clinical and earthy but if it does the job then I can compromise on that one. Typical timing on my front I actually recently purchased a very similar product from The Body Shop the reviving Vitamin E face mist which has exactly the same purpose to provide moisture and refresh the face. I have loved using it, I use it in the morning to set my make-up in place and I find that it lasts longer and throughout the day. As I have oily skin I use a matte foundation so I also find that the added moisture reduces cakeyness which is an added bonus. The Body Shop one feels so fresh and refreshing and it does smell more appealing so it will be interesting to see how they compare. I may write a blog post comparing the two. The vitamin E product can be purchased at £8 so it is cheaper to £11.95 on the MONU Spa product. There does seem to be a trend for reviving sprays which will be useful throughout the summer and drier months to reduces dryness and provide sun protection.



Faux Tattoos By Glossybox
Over the past couple of months there has been a real trend occurring for fake tattoos I think I noticed that this started around the start of the Cochella festival. I'll be totally honest and I've never been one for fake tattoos, even as a kid I wasn't really interested. I saw that loads of people were wearing these but I couldn't understand why and I thought that they looked kind of gimmicky. Having said that when I saw that these were in the box I am now not ashamed to admit that I got a just a little bit excited. I've never been one to miss a trend so I'm actually really looking forward to trying these out. I'm really into my metallics at the moment, all the golds, silvers and obviously by total obsession of rose gold. I just think that they look really pretty over the summer months and they can make you look more tanned which is an added bonus. There are eight different designs which you could apply how they are or cut them into different shapes. They all feature a different patten incorporating black, silver and gold. I don't think they will even look tacky once applied and as soon as those warm summer days where it's 17 degrees when you wake up and high twenties throughout the day start I'll be 100% applying these - that's if we're lucky enough to get a good summer here again this year in the UK. I think these will look really nice applied around the wrists, hands, hips and ankles to subtly catch the light.

They are easy to apply, just the same as the ones children use. Tear off the clear plastic and apply the tattoo face down onto clear dry skin. Hold a damp cloth over the tattoo for a minute. Once the tattoo has transferred allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes. Glossybox claim that the tattoos will last for up to seven days so it will be interesting to see how well they do actually last. They also give you a tip to remove them as I hate it when halve has peeled off and you're left with black marks on your body and I think that's something that usually puts me off tattoos. Apparently baby, coconut or olive oil can all be used to get rid of the tattoo once it's faded or you want to remove it. If these were rose gold they would be perfect for me but I still am keen to try these. You can purchase these for £6.50 which is pretty good as you get a lot of different designs which are all a good decent size.



Facial Wipes By Halo
Facial wipes are an essential for festivals as festivals often seem to be famous for their toilets as not being the place that you want to spend more then five seconds in. To be honest with you the toilets is one of the main things that puts me off festivals. You definitely wouldn't be cleansing, toning and exfoliating with your Liz Earle skin products at a festival. Any skin experts reading this may suffer a small heart attack at the thought of people solely relying on face wipes to remove make-up. When I remove my make-up I start by using Simple face wipes to remove the make-up followed by Simple cleanser, toner and moisturiser. If you're interested in my skin care routine you can click here to read a full blog post on it. These face wipes claim to be non-scented and ideal for those of you with sensitive skin. These are both features that I say also apply to Simple as having sensitive skin myself I personally love Simple as they are as the name suggests very simple without unnecessary perfumes or chemicals. There are 10 wipes in a pack which isn't loads but perfect to take with you if you're traveling i.e. to a festival. I'm planning to go to Paris with my Mum in September so these would be ideal for that as they are compact and won't take up too much room in your make-up bag so I think I will save these for that little adventure. The wipes contain vitamin E and Aloe Vera so they should leave your skin feeling refreshed afterwards. You can pick a pack of these up for £1.20.



Anticellulite Booster By Kueshi
I wasn't really sure what to make of this product as cellulite isn't something I have experienced before so whether I will get much use out of this product I'll be honest in the fact I don't know. For those of you concerned about cellulite this light weight formula claims to tone and firm your skin and reduce dimples by speeding up your blood circulation due to the antioxidants that it contains. To use this product you would need to massage the cream into your legs twice a day. This product is priced at £14.55 so a more expensive cream but if it does the job then it will be worth the money if you are body conscious about your legs. The cream works by inhibiting fat cells and preventing the formation of new fat cells. If you are someone who is anxious about getting their legs out in the sun over summer then this cream may be worth a try.



Gel Nail Polish By Essence
I love red nail polish I think it's an easy colour to wear all year round. This is a pillar box red shade with the name I don't care! which I love. This bright, neon red is perfect for a bit of colour for Summer and festivals. During Spring I am all for my pale pastel shades but I love wearing brighter colours over Summer for a bit of fun. This colour will look gorgeous on the finger and toe nails. The fact that these polishes are of a gel formula excites me as I love gel nail polishes. They tend to be thicker when you apply them but they are super glossy and they tend to withstand chipping for a longer period compared to more liquid based formulas. I think that there were three possible shades to receive: a bright red, cobalt blue and a sparkly turquoise green shade. The Essence nail polishes are also really affordable at only £1.71 a bottle. This would be the perfect nail polish to pick up before going to a festival as it isn't expensive and it's a small bottle that you wouldn't need to worry about smashing as it feels sturdy if you chose to take the nail polish with you. Hands up I am well aware that I have addiction to nail polish so any new polish is a welcome addition to my ever growing and expanding collection.



I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know in the comments which products are your favourites and if you have tried any and what you thought of them. Have a lovely weekend my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...