Wednesday 4 February 2015

January Glossybox 2015



Hello my lovelies, I have another Glossybox post for you. This is my second Glossybox and I am thrilled with it, I think it might be my favourite one so far. I have loved using the products from the December 2014 box. My personal highlights were the Zap! Zap! Zap! Gets That Chap Spot Treatment and the Tresemme 60 Second Renewal Hair And Scalp Treatment Shots. The January box has the classic Glossybox packaging with the pink and the black which I love I think these colours look really good together. The January box also consists of five full size products. This box for me featured more make-up products then last time which I love as make-up is my favourite part of the beauty spectrum.

Eye Liner Pencil By Me Me Me
I was so excited to see a product from Me Me Me in the box. I love Me Me Me with their spiritual branding they do some really gorgeous products which are also affordable. The eye liner pencil is in the shade Clay which is a rich dark brown shade. If you read my blog post on A Spontaneous Superdrug Splurge  then you will know that I recently picked up a brown eye liner from Barry M, typical timing I know. I have recently been really into brown eye liner as I think it looks really pretty for an everyday make-up look. It defines your eyes yet it also looks very natural and it isn't obvious that you're wearing eyeliner or the fact that it's brown. I love kohl eye liners in fact they are the only eye liners that I will use. Me and liquid liners just don't get on and I don't think we ever will. I find it really difficult to apply and don't even get me started on attempting to do a flick with it - just no. You can purchase this for £4 and I already know that it will find a way into my everyday make-up routine.



Colorluxe Powder Blush By Nicka K New York
This was an unknown brand to me but looking at the website they seem to do some really nice products which also seem to be affordable prices which is a nice added bonus. I'm in love with this product just by looking at it, I mean it has rose gold packaging what more could you ask for? I haven't seen a blusher like this before but I think it's a really good niche idea. It's a lose blush which I would normally avoid like the plague as I'm always very cautious with blusher I don't like lot's of colour on my cheeks I just don't think it suits me. Although hidden under the lid is a sponge which absorbs the powder allowing you to dap the blusher onto your cheeks making it easy to build up so that you get the coverage you want. I just think this is a really good idea. It's nice and compact so it would be easy to take with you on the go and to put in your handbag. This is priced at £8.95 and I think that it's worth picking one up just to try it. I would describe the shade as a warm coral although it looks more pink once applied to the cheeks.



All Over Glow By Jelly Pong Pong
Again this was another unknown brand to me but you have to love it just for the name. That's another think I love about Glossybox is the fact you can discover new brands. This is an oil-free gel highlight which immediately appeals to me as its oil free and having oily skin I can always appreciate less oil on my face. I think you apply this just like any liquid highlighter. Colour wise it reminds me of Watt's Up by Benefit which I am currently loving but in a liquid gel form as it has warmer tones that once blended leave a gold iridescent finish to your cheek bones. Once applied form the tube it appears very dark but don't be put off by this as once blended it will adapt to your skin tone leaving a gorgeous shimmer. When I say shimmer I mean a lot of shimmer so if you're not a fan of glittery highlighters then I wouldn't recommend this but if you're like me and you love a bit of glitter then you'll love this. I think it would look amazing on a night out. You can order one of these for £10.



Organic Lip Balm In Superfruits By Naked Lips
I was really chuffed when I saw this product in my Glossybox for several reasons. One - it's unnaturally cold at the moment so I'm using a lot of lip balm. Two - I needed a new lip balm as I'm running low. Three - the fact it's in a tube so you don't have to apply it with your finger which can't be that hygienic. Working in a shop I feel it would be more hygienic for me to use a lip balm like this especially after dealing with money it just seems like a good idea to use one of these without having to wash my hands first. Four - it smells amazing. It's in the scent super fruits which includes blueberries, acai, goji, baobab and pomegranate. To be it smells a cross between sweets and these blueberry cereal bars I used to have when I was younger. It claims to be 100% natural and full of goodness for you lips which appeals to me as you don't want loads of artificial chemicals in it which cause your lips to peel which means you apply more and you're stuck in this cycle. It's a really good pocket size lip balm and you can pick one up for £5 which I will admit is a little pricy for a lip balm.



Revitalizing Face Toner By Kueshi Natural And Pleasant Cosmetics
Skin product wise I think that this month every box received a facial toner and the fact that it's pink makes me excited - yes I know how sad that sounds. This toner contains calendula, chamomile and aloe vera which is meant to rehydrate your skin. You can apply toner after cleansing your face and it is meant to sooth your skin and close your pores. I have very fussy skin. I pretty much always use Simple skin care products as they are very gentle and they suit my skin type. I have naturally oily skin and I find that when ever I use different make-up remover from other brands it leaves me looking incredibly oily - that includes more high end brands as well. The good thing about Simple is that it's very natural, easy to get hold of yet it's also very affordable. This therefore leaves me cautious to try this product but I definitely will try it and I will leave a comment to this post at to how it affected my skin. You can purchase one of these for £10.70 which will give you 200ml. It does smell nice to be fair - not that scent should be a factor when choosing a facial toner.


I hope you enjoyed this post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments what you got in your Glossybox's and if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of the. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...