Thursday 19 February 2015

Ombre Hair


Hello my lovelies, how are you all? So today I have a hair post for you all talking about my experience of when I got my hair dip dyed - yes dip dyed. I think it has to be said that I am the least adventurous person when it comes to my hair. My classic hair style is straight and long - easy which don't get me wrong I do really like but sometimes I would like to mix it up a bit - even for occasions such as nights out or my proms I still have it straight. I have wanted to change it up a bit for a while now but I've just been really scared. I have a slight fear of hairdressers - not a phobia but I guess that I have struggled to find a good hairdresser. Usually the ones I've gone to before don't listen to what you want and just do what they want which is usually the complete opposite. Whenever I have found a good hairdresser in the past they always seem to have a baby and I'm stuck back in the same position seeking a new hairdresser which always leaves me with a feeling of dread in my stomach before getting my hair cut. I've always had long hair except for one year in Primary school and I think when I was in year 8 I had a bob cut. I would spend ages considering getting my hair cut short and I find that there seems to be a fashion in your year group that always happens at the same time when everyone wants to get their hair cut short. As soon as I got my hair cut short I would change my mind, the fashion would change and I would go through that slow and painful process of growing my hair back which for most doesn't take long but when you're constantly damaging your hair by straightening it - trust me it takes years. I really wish that split ends didn't exist. Apart from straightening my hair I don't really damage it at all. I always towel dry my hair and up till now I have never died it before. After moaning to people at work, friends and family for weeks now about how I want to get my hair dyed I finally found that balls to get it done.

I have naturally dark brown hair and in some lights it verges on being black. I was set on getting my hair dip dyed but I wasn't 100% on what colour and even in the hairdressers I wasn't sure, I just went with the flow really. I ended up getting my hair dyed ombre. Ombre is when you bleach the ends leaving a lighter colour which tends to be blond as you basically strip away the colour from your hair but the phrase 'dip dyed' can apply to any two tone colour hairstyle. I got my hair done professionally as I don't trust myself. I wanted a natural look and I thought if I did it myself it either wouldn't work or it would go very badly wrong. I didn't want a thick line running around my hair which knowing me would be wonky, I wanted it to look more natural and floaty. The hairdresser bleached my hair which was left in for about 20 minutes. She then washed out the bleach and applied a toner which was left in for about 5 minutes to give the ends some warmth and to make it more or a natural difference. This was then also washed out. She then blow dried my hair and gave me some lovely thick waves which I could never do myself. I find drying your hair whilst sectioning your hair with the hairbrush too much to cope with in one motion and it all goes wrong. I will probably get a massive knot as the hairbrush gets stuck to my hair and whilst trying to pull the brush out I will probably drop the hairdryer on my foot and it all goes to pot. The good thing about only dying your ends is that it only needs to be done around every 4 - 5 months and once the colours been stripped once it's easier to change the colours up if you wanted a change. I think the colour I went for is called caramel which is very fitting as I have a new obsession for caramel. I was never that fussed by it before but now Cadburys Caramel eggs and caramel lattes just fill me with way too much excitement.

For those of you considering to get this done I would highly recommend it as you only live once and I think that it will look really nice for the Spring and Summer. Then for Winter I might go fully dark again or maybe get some warm red tones put in - who knows. Like I mentioned before bleaching your hair isn't exactly healthy for it but there are creams and serums you can buy to moisturise and nourish your hair. I am currently using the Tresemme 60 second moisture renew treatment shots that you massage into your hair and leave for 60 seconds before washing out. I use one a week and I just find that it leaves my hair looking healthier afterwards which lasts for quite a few days and not just until I next wash my hair. I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...