Saturday 1 November 2014

October Favourites 2014


Evening my lovelies, it's the first of November which means that it is time for my October Favourites blog post. Is it just me or is time going really quickly at the moment? I feel as if November will go really fast, then it will be Christmas and then hello 2015. Anyway, I have a nice range of products for you all that I have loved using last month.

Starting with hair, the first product in my favourites is a Tangle Teezer. Seeing as my hair is naturally wavy and that I have been growing my hair, my hair has become increasingly knotty. I was then scared to brush my hair incase I was pulling my hair out from the knots. I have known about Tangle Teezers for a while now, they aren't a new product but I wasn't sure if they were worth the investment seeing as they are just another form of a hairbrush. In the hope to save my hair I had a splurge and picked one up, I think mine is called Plum Delicious. I wasn't over whelmed by the colours, I'm not really a neon sort of girl but I know the colour isn't the important part but I'm just being fussy. However, I was pleasantly surprised which was lucky looking at the price - £10.99 for a small hairbrush. I find it really useful for getting out any knots and tangles. I use this after washing my hair or if my hairs feeling knotty. I still use my old hairbrush when my hairs dry but I would recommend this if you have long and/or thick hair. It's useful as it's smaller and more compact then a normal hairbrush so good to take on the go with you and I don't know why but I just love the shape it's almost hand shape if that makes any sense.

Moving on to make-up now, the first product is a pallet from The Body Shop.


Now I'm really sorry but this bit will be a bit vague for you all but basically this pallet was given to be as a gift a few years ago. The Body Shop don't still stock it as it was limited edition and I don't have any of the shadow or blusher names so I can't find out if they still do any parts of the pallet separately. I'm really sorry- bad blogger. Basically I have really loved using this pallet recently and I pretty much use it everyday, just because it's quick and easy as the shadows all blend together really nicely and I love the blusher, I also think that it's a really soft make-up for an everyday look. I love the blusher, it's a pretty peachy pink with a gold shimmer. A dupe for it would be the Sleek Rose Gold blusher which I think may be my favourite blusher - there I've said it, thats a bold statement I know. There are four eyeshadows in the pallet, my favourite is the shadow in the middle of the pallet it's a really pretty soft pink with a tiny bit of shimmer that just sits really nicely on the eye lid and it looks very natural. The middle two shadows are almost matte where as the two on the end have more shimmer in them. A more high end alternative to the eyeshadows would be the Urban Decay Naked 3 pallet as it contains natural colours with a pinky/rose gold hint amongst them. A more high street alternative could be a Bourjois quad in Over Rose. I'm sorry that this isn't helpful if you want to get your hands on one of these but let me know in the comments if you have this or know of any good alternatives. 

A nail varnish that I have been obsessed with this month is a Barry M gelly in Chilli. 


I uploaded this picture to my instagram account @inherownlittleworld of the nail varnish with only one coat. I can't rave about the Barry M nail varnishes enough. I love them so much especially the gellys they are my favourite formula and I'm not ashamed to admit it but I own most of them. Barry M have the best range of colours with a really good formula yet they are really affordable. This was priced at £3.99 and I think it's worth every penny. I normally apply two coats but this picture of one coat shows how good it is as the gellys have a thicker consistency to the original ones. When I first saw the Autumn 2014 collection I wasn't overwhelmed by the colours but when I went into Boots and found this little gem I couldn't not get it. It's a really pretty dark red that is perfect for Autumn/Winter, it could be worn in the day or the night and if I could only wear one nail polish for the rest of the year this would defiantly be it.

This next item has been mentioned on my Blog quite a few times, definitely in The Lip Product Tag and my Mini Maybelline Haul.


It's a Maybelline Lipstick in 150 Stellar Pink. I would definitely recommend this lipstick for Autumn is you are nervous of wearing a berry lip. This is a great everyday lipstick. It's a pearly pink with brown/plum undertones to it. I really love the packaging that definitely floats my boat and the smell too, not something I tend to look for in a lipstick but I would say theres a hint of coconut there but don't worry it's not over powering if you aren't one for coconut. I have worn this lipstick pretty much every day in October and I'm pretty sure I will continue to wear it through out November as well. I also think that it looks really pretty with The Body Shop Pallet I talked about above as the pink tones both compliment each other nicely.

Moving onto Lush now, the first product I have recently discovered and loved is The Angels On Bare Skin face and body cleanser. I have been nervous to try face products from lush before I don't know why but I've always been attracted to the bath bombs and bubble bars more. Yet seeing as I was given a free sample I thought there was no harm in trying and oh my I love it so much. It left my skin feeling so soft afterwards. It smells really good and it's made of natural products including Lavender and Almonds. It's also meant to even out skin tone which to be honest I would say it has which is a plus as my skin is usually very uneven. You can see a full blog post on this on my blog it is the post before this one. Unfortunately that is another Lush product that I have discovered and loved and will now have to go back and buy a nice big tub of.

The Last products in my favourites post is one that I don't currently have on me, it's a Lush bath bomb called Lord Of Misrule.


This picture was from my Lush Halloween Haul blog post as I currently don't have one on me, I'm braising myself and my bank account for another Lush splurge. This bath bomb is from the Halloween collection and will only be limited edition so you need to make sure you pick it up whilst you still can. First of all it smells AMAZING. I absolutely love the smell I think that it might be up there with one of my favourites along with Space Girl, although there will never be one better then Space Girl for me. I'm really bad at describing scents and the only way I can think to describe this one is of sherbet, I wouldn't say it's spicy, sweet or fruity and it's defiantly not floral. To me it smells of Lush it's that iconic Lush smell that you smell when you walk past a Lush shop. It's really pretty too, in the bath it dissolves into a deep rich red I think it's meant to be similar to Mulled Wine to be festive. This bad boy is priced at £3.50 and defiantly one to pick up.

Thank you for reading my lovelies, sorry if I rambled on. Let me know in the comments what has been in your October favourites.

2 comments:

  1. That Body Shop Palette is so pretty! Shame they don't have it anymore. I think Sleek do a very similar one so when you run out.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you I love it so much, thank you for saying that about the Sleek pallet I've had my eye on them for a while now so it may give an excuse to get one ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...