Friday 14 November 2014

Autumn Nails


When it comes to beauty products, nail varnish has to be my favourite item along with lipsticks. I have always loved painting my nails and I am not ashamed to admit that I own way too many nail polishes. I realised today that I haven't done any blog posts specifically on nail varnish so I thought that it was about time that I did something about that. The colours I wear on my nails change regularly it's definitely pastels in the Spring and bright colours in the Summer but when it comes to Autumn it tends to be nice rich and deep colours. Autumn is definitely my favourite time to paint my nails. As much as I love my pastels I'm definitely one for my dark colours I just feel that they look nicer and more sophisticated on my nails.

I've picked out a few of my favourite nail polishes for Autumn and what I have been wearing the most recently. Some are new releases this Autumn but the majority are ones that I've had in my collection for a couple of years now.

Starting from the Top to the bottom:

Plum, Barry M - £3.99
This has to be one of my favourite nail polishes I own although I definitely don't wear this colour enough. Do you do the thing where you don't actually use your favourite product as it looks so nice that you don't want to ruin it or that you don't want it to run out or is it just me? Purple is my favourite colour especially dark purple which makes your nails stand out and will look very nice with a berry lip. The gellys have an amazing consistency they are my favourite formula and the great thing about Barry M is that they have a massive range of colours yet they are very affordable and the cheapest brand that I will mention in this post.

Taupe Modele, Bourjois - £5.99
I'll be honest with you on this one. I never thought that I would wear grey nail polish it's something I've always ignored along with brown and yellow. Although this season grey nail polish has been very popular and I've seen a lot of pictures of it on Instagram where it actually looks really nice. Especially if you're wearing a grey jumper I actually think it looks really sophisticated. I think I've been converted. This is the only nail polish that I own from Bourjois I don't know why, I guess I usually stick to what I know best from Barry M. I was searching for a grey and this was the nicest one I found in Boots. As soon as I painted my nails I fell in love with it. The Bourjois polishes are very sheer compared to Barry M although they are super glossy and they last a long time. I will definitely buy more from Bourjois in the future.

The Lace Is On, Essie - £7.99
I don't know if this is still available as it came out last year as part of their Autumn collection where I thought it was going to be limited edition. It is such a pretty colour and I think that it's a shame that it's limited edition a it's one of my favourites. I don't normally go for nail polishes with shimmer in them but this honestly looks gorgeous on your nails. It looks more purple in the bottle but once painted it appears more pinky and I find I can't stop staring at my nails when I wear it as they just glisten. If you can get your hands on this one I would highly recommend it. I don't own many Essie nail polishes as they are more expensive although the ones I do own I love and they are of an amazing quality if you're prepared to pay a little bit extra. Like Barry M, Essie also have an amazing colour range and I love the quirky names they give to their polishes. It just make me love them more, and yes i am aware of how weird that sounds.

Raspberry, Barry M - £2.99
This is one from their classic nail polish range and one of the first Barry M nail polishes that I ever brought. It's also the one that I am currently wearing the most at the moment. I am someone who loves their berry colours and this one is gorgeous and very wearable in the day and the evening. I think that berry colours look the nicest on my nails and I would be happy to wear this colour all year round.

Chilli, Barry M - £3.99
This one is from their most recent Autumn/Winter gelly collection. When I first saw this collection for the first time I wasn't over excited by the majority of the colours but when I went into Boots I fell in love with this one. When I first saw the pictures I thought I already have a red I won't need another but this is an almost off red, it is a red but with slightly orange/brown undertones. I know that how I'm describing this isn't making it sound like the prettiest colour but trust me it looks gorgeous on the nails. It's a dark red so perfect like Raspberry to wear on an everyday basis as it isn't too bright and in your face.

Watermelon, Barry M - £3.99
Oh what a surprise another Barry M gelly for you. I'm not a massive fan of bright green nail polishes but I do love a dark or pastel green. This one is from the original gelly collection and it's still one of my favourites today. I think that it looks very flattering on your nails by making them defined and I usually wear this one in the summer as well just because I love it so much.

Let me know in the comments what your favourite nail polishes are at the moment. Also, do you call them nail polish or nail varnish? I never know which is right so I tend to use both.

4 comments:

  1. The Raspberry one is preety! :D

    http://alice-inabigworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Barry M Gelly nail paints! I am also a new UK blogger and wrote a post on the nail paint in the colour Watermelon...

    www.misschelkie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same they're amazing!! I saw your blog post, Watermelon looks really pretty on your nails :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...