Wednesday 13 April 2016

Peanut Butter And White Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)





Hello my lovelies and a Happy, Happy Wednesday to you all - otherwise known as a day off for me, nice. There is nothing more that I love to do on a day off other then bake. I find it very comforting and therapeutic listening to the radio or my music. The sun was shinning and it was sheer perfection on this gorgeous Spring morning.

Recently I have been craving white chocolate and peanut butter. I say recently but to be honest these are both foods that I always love to eat. On this rare occasion that I actually had both ingredients fully stocked I thought the obvious solution was to create a beautiful creation in a giant cookie form.

This is an American recipe that I found on a baking blog, hence why the measurements are in cup form. I was originally nervous to bake using cup measurements however I think my confidence has increased and I am enjoying experimenting with new recipes and using the most adorable pastel cup measurers.

The recipe itself is so simple and quick; probably one of the easiest cookie recipes that I have ever baked. There are also very few ingredients which makes life a lot easier. I made 12 giant cookies but you could chose to make more smaller ones but when there's white chocolate and peanut butter involved, the only answer is a giant cookie for me.

Ingredients - makes 12

1 cup of crunchy organic peanut butter
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips or chunks

Method

1) Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 160°Fan

2) Grease and line two baking trays

3) Whisk the peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and baking powder using an electric hand whisk to form a dough like texture and consistency

4) Mix in your white chocolate chips or chunks

5) Flatten golf ball sizes of cookie dough onto your baking sheet evenly spaced, be careful as these do spread and rise

6) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown, half way through the bake I rotated the trays in the oven to aim to get an even bake

7) Allow the cookies to fully cool on the baking tray before transferring to a wire wrack to cool

I hope you enjoyed this recipe my lovelies. I would love to know in the comments if you attempt the recipe and what you thought of the cookies. All I know is that the house smells incredible right now and very welcoming and comforting. Warm peanut butter and white chocolate cookies, what more could you ask for? These cookies are amazingly gooey I cannot actually express the gooeyness of these cookies enough right now. The perfect morning snack with a lovely coffee. What more can I say then Happy Wednesday my lovelies and Happy Baking.

XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...