Thursday 28 May 2015

May Glossybox 2015



Good afternoon my lovelies and what a gorgeous one it is at that! I just love that warm summers sun I could quite happily spent all day just relaxing in the sun I'm just hoping it lasts for a rare week off work next week. So it's that time of the month again when a little Glossybox treat turns up on my doorstep which I thought I would share with you all. Recently I have re-discovered my love for blogging again maybe it's the warmer and sunnier weather that has given me that energy kick, who knows. Last months box was my favourite so far in particular the nude nail polish and the Lord and Berry lip crayon. The theme for this months box is preparing for the summer months ahead of us all.

Enchanted Eyes Dual Ended Eye Wand By MeMeMe
I think that this must be a new product as it doesn't currently feature on the MeMeMe website and it isn't one that I have been aware of seeing before. It is a dual ended cream eyeliner which features two metallic blue shades. Now blue eyes have been the Spring trend this month however, it hasn't been one that I have embraced if I'm honest. Having green eyes I don't think that blue eye make-up suits me, I feel as if it makes me look slightly psychotic. Don't get me wrong I have totally embraced yellow clothes with tops and jackets recently I now have a very strong and fond love for yellow but blue eye make-up is just a no, no for me. It's a shame as I know I won't use this product. Having said that if the shades were neutral brown tones then I would be all for this product as I love the size of the eyeliner. It's a nice chunky size to get a thick line without being too thick that you look as if you have two giant circles around your ryes. One shade is a lighter turquoise shade whilst the other is a darker azure blue. If you are one for bold and colourful eye make-up then this would definitely be a product for you. These are priced at £6.95 which I think is incredibly good value considering you get two large eyeliners.


Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel By Etre Belle
I have a strong feeling that this next product is going to be essential over the next few months. I personally love aloe vera, it feels really fresh and nourishing on the skin and also very soothing. This feels like a luxury product to me, which I'm hoping it is going by the price of £15.93.  This is a moisturising gel that you can apply specifically to your face and neck in the evening to sooth and moisturise the skin, especially if you have been exposed to the sun a lot that day. I think it acts a bit like an after sun moisturiser except in a gel form. Etre Belle is a new brand to me but like I said previously it feels like a luxury product to me that will become an essential in my skin care routine over the summer months. Aloe Vera is perfect for those of you with sensitive skin as it is very gentle and natural so you wouldn't need to worry about irritation from using this product. I think this is going to be a firm favourite of mine so I am dead excited to try this one out.



Towel Off Shampoo Foam By Zerreau
Now this is a bit of a strange one for me. You all know your usual shampoo for wet hair or you have your dry shampoo well this is a new form of dry shampoo which is expected to be a new craze. To use this product you massage the foam generously into your hair to release grease, dirt and oil. Whilst soapy, towel dry your hair and you are good to go. It is basically a cross between wet and dry shampoo - wet shampoo without the water. This sounds very exciting to me so I am looking forward to trying it. Again this product is from a brand that is new to me but that is the great thing about Glossybox, it exposes you to new products and brands helping you to branch out your beauty knowledge which I need a lot of encouragement to do as I can very easily get stuck in my ways. I love the scent of this one, it smells of fresh apples it honestly smells incredible I hope it leaves your hair smelling that fresh. It reminds of the smell of a fresh glass of apple juice I could quite happily spend all day smelling this product. I've always said there needs to be more apple scented products in this world. If you are interested in trying out this new form of shampoo you can pick this up for £7. 95 which I think is a pretty reasonable price.



Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate By SASS
This is one of those beauty products that isn't as fun to talk about like make-up or moisturisers. It's more of a 'what I call' "useful" product that isn't glamorous but still essential. This product is applied to the skin after shaving or waxing to help sooth the skin. It also claim to reduce hair regrowth and it contains exfoliating ingredients which will exfoliate your skin to reduce ingrown hairs. I am really excited to try this product, it smells really fresh similar to that of Aloe Vera and it comes in a cute little box. It has the feel of a luxury product to me. As it is a concentrated moisturiser you only need to apply two pumps to the skin after waxing or shaving but you can also purchase serums, moisturisers, gels and mists from the same range so the choice is endless for you all. You can pick one of these bad boys up from Boots at £12 so a little pricy so I'll be interested to see if it is worth that extra bit of money compared to your standard moisturisers.



Lipstick By Collection
The last product in this months box is a lipstick by Collection in the shade Pink Rose. This is part of their Field Day lipstick range which is the perfect pink spring shade. This lipstick has a matte finish to it yet it still looks moisturising so I'm hoping that it won't be too drying on the lips. I would describe it as a bright dusky pink shade that is easy to wear and would suit most skin types. I personally haven't tried any of the lipsticks from Collection before so I'm excited to try this one to see how it compares to other lipsticks from highstreet brands. I'll be honest with you I'm not over whelmed with the packaging on this one, it definitely has a hughstreet look to it, it almost reminds of children's lipstick that they use for dressing up - that sounds harsh I'm sorry. I like the smell of some lipsticks but this one does smell slightly artificial to me. However, although I don't sound over whelmed by this product, I have recently been converted to a lot of Collections products such as their eye palettes and their ever so famous lasting perfection concealer so I haven't written this one off just yet. Collection is a lot more affordable so you could pick one of these up for £2.99 which is very cheap for a lipstick so if you're on a tight budget then you should check this one out.



I hope you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies, let me know in the comments which products you would like to try or if you have tried any and what you thought of them. There are lot's of new products to try here so I will let you know how I get on with these and if there are any gems that you need to look out for, thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoy the weekend, it's almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...