Saturday 9 May 2015

New L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation


Hello my lovelies, new product alert for you all, and it's a foundation so you wouldn't of thought that, that would be on my blog now would you. When it comes to foundation I am like a broken record in the fact I will only stick to the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation that everyone and their mother would of tried it often tends to be peoples first foundation. Sometimes I get comments on my blog when I mention it when people say 'oh that was my first foundation I have't worn that for years not since I was last at school' well guess what kids I'm still wearing it and loving it may I add. Now if you follow my blog regularly then you will know that I have majorly oily skin to the point where I can only where matte foundations. Otherwise I am left looking sweaty and oily after 5 seconds and I find my 'face' rapidly shifts in a southernly direction after a couple of minutes - it isn't my best look I'll be honest. I am jealous of people who can achieve that natural dewy look with their foundation without looking oily as sometimes I feel like the minority with not being able to wear most foundations. I'm almost getting fed up of typing it but that is why I stick to my mouse foundation as I know where I am with it. It is easy to build up and as I am conscious about my skin - dark circles, blemishes and spots you name it. I am after a high coverage foundation without looking cakey which is like hunting for a needle in a hey stack.

Recently I have read a lot of blog posts raving about this new liquid matte foundation and I won't lie but I was convinced and tempted. I have previously tried many a liquid matte foundation and normal liquid foundations but I haven't found liquid matte foundations to stay matte and I also feel very caked in make-up, I didn't like the feel of the foundation on my face, it felt heavy and I was conscious it was there. I have vowed to not bother trying new liquid foundations and to just give up, stick to what I know and save some money.

After reading a blog post by Lily Melrose and feeling spontaneous I picked it up in the shade 10 Porcelain and do you know what I am now slightly in love with it. It has completely changed my look on trying new foundations and it has shown me that I can wear liquid matte foundations. It is high coverage yet I didn't need a large amount as it is highly pigmented. It blends really nicely into the skin leaving it feeling silky soft and I wasn't conscious of it being there and I often forgot throughout the day that I had foundation on. I find that it stays matte all day and I didn't need to worry about powder touch ups throughout the day to reduce shine. Like a lot of foundations it claims to last 24 hours - whether it does or not I don't know I would guess none of these foundations last 24 hours maintaining their full coverage but who wants their foundation to last 24 hours? If I go out in the evening I always remove my day time make-up and start a fresh as I find it looks cleaner and it's also probably more hygienic and better for your skin. I found that this shade is the perfect shade for my skin. It almost feels lighter to wear then my mouse foundation. I think I will be wearing this foundation throughout the summer as I love the light feel that it provides. When I apply this foundation I have been using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to buff it into my skin. I'm sorry to those of you who love these but I don't understand how people can apply their make-up using foundation brushes. Maybe I'm using it wrong but I just find that they leave foundation looking streaky and unblended.

The foundation is priced at £7.99 which is good value for a high street foundation especially from L'Oreal and being one with such high coverage. I would highly recommend that you try this, especially those of you with oily skin it will transform your make-up routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...