Saturday 25 April 2015

New Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Palette



L - R: White Chocolate, Buttercream, Biscuit, Chocolate Milk, Brown Sugar, Espresso
Hello my lovelies a new product for you all. I have recently become obsessed with eye shadow palettes, one that is starting to have a negative effect on my bank account. I have read a lot of blog posts raving about the new Collection Eyes Uncovered palettes. There are three nude palettes in total: Nude (warm tone), grey (cool tone) and a shimmery bronze. I picked up the nude palette which has strong similarities to the Naked Basics palette and the grey one reminds me of the Naked 2 Basics palette whether they are based on them or not I don't know but the packaging and six shades are very similar. After seeing a lot of beauty bloggers raving about the new palettes I thought it would be rude not to try at least one but I won't lie I do also have my eye on the bronze one although as it has a strong shimmer to it I feel as if that one would be more suited to an evening eye make-up look. So i thought I would test this one out first and see how we go. This is the perfect handbag size eye shadow palette for on the go touch ups. It features six semi-matte shades each with a hint of shimmer yet they are mainly matte. Collection is a hughstreet brand that seems to keep popping up recently. For years I never paid much attention to it as I looked at it as being a very cheap brand so I always thought the products wouldn't be any good. Let me tell you, that was a big mistake. Other products to check out would be the ever so famous Lasting Perfection Concealer which I now couldn't live without and I have also seen their new spring collection lipsticks feature on a couple of beauty bloggers blogs and I definitely have my eye on one, two or possibly three shades. The fact that they are such good value is a good thing as they are very affordable yet their products are of a good quality. So when looking for some good deals on high street make-up you should definitely check out Collection.

I love the fact that Collection have named each individual shade similar to what more high end brands. I know this shouldn't really matter but the personal touches count and it's easy to then buy individual shades when you know what they're called. Another thing I love about the names of those shadows is the fact they are all sugar related. I have a rapidly increasing sweet tooth and I love baking so the fact these are chocolate related makes me very happy indeed, not that, that should be important when it comes to eyeshadow but it's the little touches that count.

White Chocolate - This is the perfect highlighting shade for the inner corner of your eye and under the brow bone to help emphasise and brighten your eyes. White chocolate is my favourite type of chocolate so whats not to love about this shade. It is a gorgeous warm tone honey brown shade that is essential in any eye shadow palette. I have a similar individual shade from The Body Shop in Oh Honey if you are looking for a duplicate.

Buttercream - This is one of my favourite shades in the palette simply as it has pink undertones to it. I personally love pink and rose gold eyeshadows as I find they emphasise my eyes as they contrast my green eyes making them appear brighter. I recon that this would make a nice base shade to apply all over the lid to brighten and cover up any eye veins which we all have but don't really want to see.

Biscuit - This is slightly warmer then Buttercream and more similar to White Chocolate. as it has a more golden yellow tone to it. Again similar to Buttercream this would make a good shade to apply all over as a base focussing towards the inner corner of the eye for brightness.

Chocolate Milk - This is another favourite shade in the palette for me. This looks really nice with Buttercream as they both have rosy undertones. As this is a darker brown shade I like to apply this one to the outer corner of the eyes to contour with.

Brown Sugar - This is similar to Chocolate Milk although I would say that it's a brown with grey undertones so slightly cooler perhaps. Again this is a great shade for using to contour with by defining the outer corner of the eye.

Espresso - Is the darkest shade in the palette. It is a really dark brown shade verging on black but not quite which I personally prefer as I think dark brown is easier to wear as I'm always slightly cautious of using black eyeshadow to contour with as a little goes a long way. Depending on the look you are going for, if you wanted a more dramatic look this would look good focussing right in the outer corner to really emphasise your eyes. This shade appears to be the only matte which I think is a good thing when it comes to darker shades.

I love this eye shadow palette and I am definitely tempted to pick up another one, especially seeing as they are such good value being priced at only £3.99 each - bargain! These would also be great if you have your eye on the Naked Basics palettes but you can't quite afford them as they are more pricy and you could get yourself the same amount of similar shades whilst saving yourself £20 odd pounds. The only thing that I don't like about the palette is the cardboard packaging as I have found previously with other products that the cardboard rips and tares after many uses leaving the product awkward to store and carry around with you. Although if the packaging is the only issue then the product can't be all the bad and it is only a minor thing which I am prepared to compromise and live with.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments if you have tried these new eye shadow palettes and what you thought of them.


1 comment:

  1. There are so many good reviews about this palette! I totally agree about the packaging but hey don't judge a palette by its packaging? right? aha :)

    sleepy-heaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...