Sunday 19 April 2015

April Glossybox 2015




Afternoon my lovelies, two blog posts in less then a week - and in answer to your question, no it's not Christmas or a leap year I'm just feeling a blogging session at the moment maybe it's the sun that's brought this out, who knows. So a lovely little package popped through my door on Thursday and I thought it would only be fair to share it with you. It's the April Glossybox with a limited edition this month of the Iconic Hollywood Edition. I love the quote inside the box "One of the secrets of real beauty is simplicity" Rita Hayworth which I agree with to find inner beauty although if you enjoy enhancing your appearance and outer body with make-up as a hobby then I see no problem with that either. I believe that there were four optional boxes for this month and received the gorgeous pastel sky blue box which I think is so pretty and summery. The shade of blue would make a gorgeous nail polish shade. The box definitely has a different feel towards it this month. The products feel very luxurious and more to pamper yourself with compared to other months. I know I always say this but hold onto your hats kids, I recon this is my favourite box so far. My favourite products from last months box would probably have to be the Dove shampoo and conditioner along with the ncLA nail polish.

Lipstick Pencil By Lord & Berry

This gorgeous pillar box red in the shade Kiss is inspired by the iconic Marilyn Monroe classic bright red lip. I have had my eye on the Lord & Berry lipstick pencils for about a year now after seeing other beauty bloggers rave about them. This lipstick is incredibly creamy which makes application easier. The creaminess means although it is a matte finish it still feels moisturising on the lips. It's also the ideal item in your handbag being so small and dainty for on the go touch ups. It also makes a really satisfying noise when you pull the plastic lid off and don't lie here you will all agree with me on that one. Unsurprisingly I fell in love with this product and it just makes me want to pick more of these up to try which may be slightly unfortunate for my bank account. These are priced at £10 each so pretty reasonable to be honest for a high end lipstick. Since getting ombre put into my hair I am finding red lipstick easier to wear I don't know why I used to always think it suited brunettes more but for some reason I feel it looks softer and less 'out there' now and I just know red lipstick will be a statement colour for me this summer.



Face And Body Moisturiser By Astral

This seems like a pamper product to me. Astral was created in the 1950s and it was a favourite amongst many iconic Hollywood stars so it only seems fair that this moisturiser was included. I will put my hands up and admit I probably don't moisturise as much as I should do especially in the summer and winter months when my skin is the most dry so I'm hoping this will give me a kick up the backside and remind me to include it into my daily routine. As well as using this as a moisturiser, it can also be used to remove make-up so it's a two in one product for you. Seeing as this is only priced at £3.89 I think thats not bad myself so you definitely get your moneys worth. This is going to sit on my bed side table forcing me to use this in the morning and evening so hopefully I will be left with silky soft skin.


Kajal Eyeliner Pen By POP Beauty

This double ended eyeliner is designed to make Elizabeth Taylor's iconic winged cat eyeliner which is now a must have in everybody's every day make-up routine a lot easier to apply. So hands up - this is a product for me. I have always struggled with liquid eyeliner and winged eyeliner is just a no, no. How ever much practice I get or tutorials I watch I feel as if I am the only person who can't perfect that flick so I usually just stick to kohl pencil along the waterline and be done by it. This eyeliner is in the shade sooty black and it's not liquid or kohl, kajal is kind of in the middle it's a creamy pencil form that smudges. Great description there Ellie. Glossybox says to apply the eyeliner you should use the kajal end to trace the upper lash line with short strokes flicking the line up at the outer corners of the eye. If you wanted a smokey eye, you could use the sponge end to blend it out for a softer finish. Whether this will transform my opinion of cat winged eye liner or not who knows but I'm definitely keen to give this ago. You can pick one of these up if you're interested for £6.50 which is a pretty decent price I recon.



Body Lotion By IDC

Oh look another pamper product for you all in the form of a lavender scented body lotion. The smell of lavender always reminds me of hot sunny weather in Provence that just leaves me with a warm glowing feeling inside taking me back to memories of amazing summer holidays there. This product claims to be a luxury item and you could imagine it in the bathrooms of hollywood icons to use when they aren't working and performing when instead they could stay in and having a relaxing evening in. I'm going to save this for when the weather gets that little bit warmer and for when summer arrives. This item is priced at £3.59 which isn't bad for a luxury item.



Nail Polish By Color Club

My Glossybox wouldn't be complete without featuring a nail polish. I have become a little too obsessed with nude nail polish recently. I especially love it during the spring/summer months when I have a bit of a tan going as I find it emphasises my nails and the neutral colours look really feminine and sophisticated for a day time look without being too in your face. This polish is in the shade Barely There which is quite fitting really. It reminds me of the Barry M Gelly shade in Lychee which unsurprisingly I also own as you all know I have a nail polish addiction - along with candles, white chocolate and caramel. What a weird list. This is priced at £4.10 which is early good value and cheaper then a lot of well know high street make-up brands. The nude nail trend was believed to have boomed in the 1050s; probably as they had a bright red statement lip so a nude nail polish gave a more sophisticated look.



I hope that you all enjoyed reading this blog post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments what you got in your Hollywood box this month. I would also love to know if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them. This has been far my favourite box and the one which has given me the most pleasure to blog about so far. I hope you have all had a lovely weekend enjoying the gorgeous weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...