Friday 3 April 2015

March Favourites 2015



Hello my lovelies and I can't quite believe that I'm saying this but welcome to April! I honestly can't believe how quickly March has gone, it has flown by but brought us to Spring which is something I am truly grateful for as it is one of my favourite seasons along with Summer. It's Easter weekend so some of you may be enjoying a nice long weekend, unfortunately I have to work Saturday to Tuesday so I thought I would treat myself to a nice blog post for my day off. Easter brings a lot of chocolate and naughty but nice indulgence food so I have a small feeling that my skin may suffer this month so I wouldn't be surprised if concealer and spot treatment products feature in my next monthly favourites post. I think it may have been by December 2015 favourites post where these products also mainly featured. In my last blog post I mentioned how I have rediscovered the blogging bug and I have quite a few blog posts lined up for Easter for you all which I'm so excited about I just need to remember to pace myself and not get carried away and write them all on one day. I've found that whilst blogging it is very easy to get diverted on a tangent and get distracted and believe me for me this isn't difficult.

Fondant Nail Polish By Barry M
I have totally and utterly fallen in love with this nail polish! I have pretty much worn it everyday throughout March and the end of February. It is a gorgeous pale lilac with pink and grey undertones. I just think that it is the perfect colour for Spring and for those of you who have been reading my blog for a while now you will all know that I love my pastel nail shades. I just think that they look very subtle and feminine with that added extra to define your nails without being too in your face. The Barry M Gelly's are my favourite formula - they are really easy to apply, thick, glossy and they have an incredible shine and finish to them. Yet the added bonus to them my lovelies is that they are very affordable. I usually find it difficult to not get carried away buying these babies. I remember when the Gelly's first came out I was totally obsessed with them and a couple of years later I still am to this day. The fact I am sat here with nails that are practically naked only with a base coat I just know that after writing this blog post I will be painting my nails in Fondant. This baby needs to be in constant supply in my nail polish collection.

Glam Bronze Bronzer By L'Oreal 
I purchased this bronzer last Summer and I loved using it and I've recently rediscovered it in my collection. My Bourjois bronzer was coming to an end and I wanted to mix it up a bit and I have found myself turning to this bronzer everyday this past month. It's a matte bronzer although in some lights you can see a tiny amount of shimmer in it although it does look matte on your face. I think the shimmer just gives you a slight glow to make it appear more natural on your face. I think it's the perfect bronzer shade for my skin tone and it's really easy t contour with, I can see a dramatic difference even with using a tiny amount of bronzer. I would definitely 100% repurchase this bronzer, I would say that it is my favourite high street bronzer - wow what a statement that was kids. I have this in the shade 06 Golden Bronze but they do, do other shades as well. It's a bronzer that looks really natural so it's great for contouring to define key features of your face. It's a make-up collection must have in my opinion.

Hand Maid By Soap And Glory
Now I personally think that anti-bacterial hand gel is a handbag essential, especially for when you're out and about and if you stop for something to eat or even if it's just to freshen up. I think I have had at least one hand gel on the go constantly since I was in year 8 at school when there was the outbreak of swine flu so for about seven years now. My current favourite one to use is one by Soap and Glory I think I love it because it just smells really fresh and fruity with the grapefruit scent but it isn't over powering which other ones can be. The packaging is also adorable not that's an important factor when it comes to hand gel. Seeing as I work in retail I just find it useful to have on me and if I've used a public toilet as I never really trust the soap. I've just started a new one of these and I think that it's essential to always have a spare one just in case.

Glazed Apple Body Butter By The Body Shop
I know that this is a Christmas product but at Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a lot of bath and body products which I am still working my way through. I love receiving pamper gifts like these as they always seem more of a treat if someone else buys them for you and I make an effort to make them last a lot longer. This has to be my favourite scent from the body shop - there I've said it, bold statement I know. To me it smells like a cross between fresh apples and sherbet, I love this scent so much I can't put it into words how much I love this scent I could quite happily smell it all day without getting bored of it. Unfortunately this was a Christmas limited edition scent so whether it will be back again at the end of the year I don't know but it was really popular so fingers crossed! I'm still gutted by the fact that they didn't bring back the gingerbread scent from 2013 - does anyone else remember the adorable gingerbread tin packaging? That was another one of my all time favourites, trust me to love the scents that get discontinued. I have always wondered why The Body Shop don't have an Apple scent all year round as they have a lot of other fruit scents and apple is a classic and yes I am aware of the fact I've gone off on a tangent here. Anyway this has just been a classic for me this month and I'm not ashamed to admit to the fact that I may cry once it's gone.

So White Shower Gel By Lush 
Another limited edition product from Christmas here that I have only got round to using in march - whoops. This is another apple scented product, I must have had a thing for apples this past christmas. This reminds me of fresh apples, the freshness that you would associate with the smell of cider yet it isn't too overpowering. It feels really moisturising on the skin leaving you feeling supper fresh after your shower. It also has silver glitter in and I'm not usually one for glitter as I think it looks pretty in the bath but I don't want to be covered in it afterwards but as this is in a shower gel it washes off so you're not twinkling throughout the day. I tried this as bubble bath but I will say it didn't produce many bubbles so it does work better as a shower gel. I'll be sad once this is all gone as it's one of my last Lush products left over from Christmas.

I hope you enjoyed this monthly favourites blog post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments what your favourite products have been this past month. I hope you all have a lovely easter with lots of cheeky indulgences. Bring on the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...