Wednesday 1 June 2016

May Favourites



Hello my lovelies and a Happy Wednesday to you all. Pinch Punch it's the 1st of June who can believe it? The year is totally flying by I can't keep up. It only seems like yesterday that I was sat here typing away for my April favourites blog post. Now we're coming up to the half way mark through the year even though we are almost on the cusp of Summer soon we will be on the Christmas countdown.  I hope you all enjoyed a fabby long weekend with the bank holiday, that's one of the best things about May; we're treated to a whole two bank holidays.

I have definitely started to notice in a change in the products that I have been enjoying to use recently. We are  creeping into more summery colours and products which excites me immensely.

Mango Body Butter By The Body Shop
I hate the feeling of having dry skin which I seem to be prone to mainly over the Summer and Winter months. So I suppose you could say that I basically have dry skin all year. I think that it is important to take good care of your skin so I try to force myself to moisturise as much as possible. Not the most exciting of beauty tasks but still an essential. Over summer I also find that moisturising helps maintain a tan which is also beneficial compared to a patchy, streaky and flakey look - nice. When it comes to body butters and moisturises I always find myself returning to The Body Shop for a rich and nourishing moisturiser in the form of their body butters. Over May I have particularly enjoyed using the Mango scent which I haven't used for a while. It leaves your skin feeling nourished and refreshed with a gorgeous fresh fruity scent. This is definitely more of a summer then winter scent. I find the body butters incredibly moisturising and you feel as if you are really benefiting your skin whist you can feel all of the moisture being absorbed. My skin feels super soft for days after a deep moisturising session.

Pink Grapefruit Body Mist By The Body Shop
Scent wise I have found myself really enjoying using the pink grapefruit body spray from The Body Shop recently. I have owned this for quite a while now however, I have found myself returning to this little gem and it has been my staple scent this past month. It is really refreshing and fruity and perfect for those warm summer days where you feel as if you need a little refresher through out the day. Fresh and fruity summer scents have definitely been a theme for me recently. Roll on Summer is all I can say.

Hand Food Hand Cream By Soap And Glory 
Returning to all things creamy I have found myself totally loving the classic Hans Food hand cream from Soap and Glory recently. I have been using this hand cream non-stop through out each day recently and I have been loving it. It has a gorgeous sweet floral scent combining cocoa and marshmallow making it a very sweet yet refreshing hand cream. I absolutely adore the scent which is perfect for summer. The hand cream itself is deeply nourishing and a small amount goes a long, long way so you get your money's worth with this product. I have been using the hand cream endlessly even when my hands don't need any cream just because they are left so soft afterwards and the scent is very comforting. It has become a little habit for me; when in doubt, whack out the hand cream. I love Soap and Glory products and I will 100% be repurchasing this product in the future. A summer essential for you all.

Nude Eyes Uncovered Eyeshadow Palette By Collection 
Again this isn't a new addition to my make-up collection but I personally love rediscovering older products in my collection. Recently I have found myself really enjoying using this nude eye shadow palette by collection. It is composed of six gorgeous nude eyeshadows including a matte warm toned highlighter with the best name in the universe - white chocolate, two gorgeous gold shimmery shades, two brown shimmery shades and a matte black which is perfect for contouring and as a liner. The eyeshadow palette is amazing value at only £2.99 yet you wouldn't believe it judging by the amazing quality of the eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are really creamy and blendable making them perfect for contouring. They are super pigmented with amazing colour pay off that lasts all day. These eyeshadows make contouring dead fast and speedy making it appear as if you have spent half an hour doing your eye make-up as supposed to a couple of minutes. They are perfect for applying make-up quickly before rushing off to work. I already have my eye on a couple of the other eyeshadow palettes from the Collection range as they are gorgeous. I also adore the names of all the eyeshadows with a lovely sweet theme running through the palette such as White Chocolate, Buttercream, Biscuit, Chocolate Milk, Brown Sugar and Espresso - hello to you my friends. The palette is also really compact making it perfect for travelling and being tucked inside your make-up bag. I am so, so happy that I rediscovered this beautiful gem last month.

Summer Pink Lipstick By Maybelline
This was one of the first lipstick shades that I ever purchased and it has since continued to be a staple within my extravagant and ever expanding collection. This will always be a special shade to me. Fellow make-up junkies I'm sure will relate to having certain products that they will continue to buy as they have been significant for them. I purchased this shade for the first time when I first started my make-up collection and it will continue to hold a firm place in my collection for many years to come. I even remember buying this lipstick on a gorgeous warm summery day during the summer holidays. I love the Maybelline colour sensational lipsticks; they are the whole package when it comes to lipsticks. They have a gorgeous and nourishing smooth moisturising formula whilst being extremely pigmented. They nourish my lips and they don't leave them looking dry. The colour pay off is amazing and lasts for hours and hours even after food and drink with little top ups needed. The lipsticks also have a gorgeous coconut scent that I personally adore as I'm sure you all know that I am a sucker for coconut. Since the range was first introduced I have enjoyed expanding my collection of gorgeous shades from a huge range but this will always be a personal classic for me. The shade is a beautiful bright pink with a hint of shimmer. However, the lipstick luckily doesn't look glittery on the lips. Instead the satin finish leaves you with the ultimate shiny lips without the need of lip gloss which I personally struggle with. I can tolerate lip gloss on warm days with little wind and when my hair is tied up. Useful tip - never eat pastry when wearing lip gloss, it isn't pretty. Lip gloss aside, the lipsticks are really affordable with a huge range of shades to chose from. Highly, highly recommend these lipsticks to anyone out there seeking a new purchase.

Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies. I would love to know what products you have all enjoyed using over May.
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...