Sunday 15 May 2016

Stocking Up On Bath Bombs


Top - Down: Butterball, Blackberry, Think Pink, Honey Bee, Fizzbanger 
Good morning my lovelies and a Happy Sunday to you all! Yesterday I had a lovely shopping day with my Mother although it was also a little cheeky with lot's and lot's of spontaneous purchases - slaps wrist. I love going shopping with my Mum and spending some quality mother and daughter time together. We always make it into a fun day by spoiling ourselves and treating ourselves to coffee and lunch out. Clothes, shoes, lingerie, chocolates, beauty products and candles were all purchased including a gorgeous summer pineapple phone case. I can well and truly say that the Summer wardrobe is now at the ready and I am now waiting for the Summer weather. Knowing my luck that amazing week that we had last week was probably a one off but thats sods law for you there.

Whilst going crazy in town the amazing and very distinctive hint of Lush hit us and neither of us could say no to that. I looked at my bath bomb box (yes I am sad and have a box, no actually two boxes dedicated to Lush bath booms) and noticed that there was only one bomb remaining. It was the fluffy egg from the Easter collection that I highly enjoyed last night. Although I think of bath bombs as a more Autumnal and Winter pamper treat I still like to treat myself to an indulgent pamper night once a week; including a face pack, nail TLC and a Lush bath bomb. I would do this more often if I had the time during the week but work always seems to get in the way.

I have recently been working my way through limited edition Lush products such as from the Christmas, Mothers Day and Easter collections. I haven't actually used many products from the original core collection recently. Shock horror but there are actually some bombs from the originally collection that I haven't ever tried. As much as I was tempted to stock up on all the favourites such as Twilight I resisted and restrained myself. Feeling spontaneous I picked up bath bombs that aren't new to the collection yet I have never tested these before. I thought I would write a mini haul post for all of you fellow Lush fanatics.

Butterball
If you're a lover of all things sweet then you will love this little acorn. It has a gorgeous vanilla and cocoa scent to it which I personally love. I am a sucker for sweet scents at the moment and this bomb is right up my street. If you're a fan of bright colours, glitter and fizzing then this isn't the bomb for you. For me it is a very comforting, soothing and some what indulgent bomb. It is packed full of cocoa butter that will melt and dissolve into your bath water which leaves your skin super soft afterwards. Honestly it will feel softer then a baby's bot. Pre-warning you will want to give your bath a little wipe down afterwards as when that butter dries it is a nightmare to clean. I don't think of this as your typical Summer bath treat. For summer I tend to think of more fresh fruity and floral scents however if you are in need for a bit of TLC then I would recommend that you give this one a try. It will nourish and repair your skin as well as your mind, mood and body. I love the Butterbear bath bomb from the Christmas range which is based on the original butterball. Basically same bomb, different shape. It isn't the biggest bomb in the whole wide world and it will only cost you £2.65 however it is an essential to have in your collection for times of need.

Blackberry
My logic here was I love blackberries so I'm sure a blackberry bath bomb will be amazing. I believe this bomb will go a gorgeous and rich deep purple shade whilst releasing bergamot oils that are calming and uplifting and essential for releasing any stress. I personally wouldn't smell this bomb and say 'wow blackberries' however I find it quite musky and relaxing. Scent wise it reminds me of the scent you get when you walk into a spa that has lit incense and essential oils. This is a larger bomb and will cost you £3.35 however I think it will be perfect after a stressful day.

Think Pink
This is an obvious one for me. As you all know I am an absolute sucker for sweet scents so there are no surprises here that I was instantly drawn to this little gem. I also love the gorgeous vibrant pink and candy flowers which screams summer in a bath bomb to me. Yet again this bath bomb is packed with sweet vanilla alongside calming and relaxing lavender which also provides a slight floral scent making it a bit less sweet then the well known stable Snow Fairy Lush scent. I also quite like the fact that this bath bomb isn't the generic bath bomb shape, theres Lush pushing the boundaries for you all there. This bomb will cost you £2.65 and I could easily see myself returning and buying another three or four of these as I think it will be up there as a new favourite. High hopes for you.

Honey Bee
I would describe this bath bomb as another more summery treat. I adore honey. In fact I pretty much have honey every single day with my breakfast and I also love to bake with it. I haven't tried this bomb before but it has been screaming out to me for a few weeks now every time I have walked past Lush and seen the gorgeous bee display in the window. I believe this will turn your bath water a gorgeous pastel yellow shade which is perfect for summer. The bath bomb contains honey and aloe vera which are both cleansing and soothing whilst the rhassoul mud helps to moisturise your skin. This sounds like the ultimate summer bath treat to me. It is a giant bath bomb costing you £3.50 but I cannot wait to try it.

Fizzbanger
I think this is going to be a spectacular bath bomb. I love how vibrant it is; you cannot miss it. I think this will be a statement bath bomb that will change colour and release popping candy. For some reason I think this one will be perfect for Autumn around fireworks night. It has a gorgeous sweet apple and cinnamon scent towards it which I think to be a classic Autumn scent. However, I'm never going to say no to that scent as yet again it is another sweet and sickly scent that is right up my street. I love the combination of the sweet crisp apple (which reminds me of Snow White from the Christmas range) alongside the spicy cinnamon. Apple pie anyone? This is another big bath bomb and very satisfying to hold. This one will also cost you £3.50 but I think it will be well worth your money and another personal favourite in the making.

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post my lovelies. No new releases I'm afraid but I am an ultimate Lush fanatic and I love reading blog posts on Lush products. I can't help myself I think I'm addicted to Lush. As soon as I visit a store that's it and money is spent, spent spent. I would love to know what your personal favourites from Lush are. I can't wait to give these a try and add them to my repertoire. Have a gorgeous Sunday my lovelies.
XXX




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...