Sunday 1 November 2015

October Favourites 2015



Hello my lovelies and a Happy 1st of November to you all. I cannot believe where the time is going it is less then two months until Christmas and I have started my Christmas shopping, I've brought Christmas candles, Christmas cards and Christmas crackers. To say I'm excited is an understatement right now. During October I was loving the build up to Halloween. I have loved, loved, loved doing all of my Halloween baking, I had a Lush Halloween splurge, I've been lighting my Candy Corn Yankee Candle with my ghost and pumpkin tee lights, I have discovered the Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Starbucks which is just out of this world and me and my Mum treated ourselves to the perfect little Pumpkin that we carved together. I have been like a little kid again, so excited for Halloween. I don't know why though I didn't go out partying or trick or treating instead I had a cosy evening in with my Mum wearing Halloween headbands and indulging in our tradition of chilli on jacket potatoes that we eat on every Halloween. Where these traditions come from I have no idea. Of course Halloween wouldn't be complete without a little bit of baking. Halloween biscuits anyone? October also saw the much awaited trip to Paris with my Mum for a long weekend which was definitely a highlight of my year. Paris in the Autumn is simply gorgeous and a must see.

Being the first of a new month I have a monthly favourites post for you all on products that I have loved using last October. Put you're feet up, make your self a nice coffee and cut yourself a slice of cake or grab yourself a biscuit and enjoy.

Lychee Nail Polish By Barry M 
This is the first of two nail polishes that I have loved using this month. I'm going to refer to this one as my holiday nail polish as it is the one that I wore when I went to Paris with my Mum. It is a really pretty pale nude shade with warm brown undertones to it making it more Autumnal. This isn't very descriptive so a better comparison would be to compare it to a white nail polish such as Barry M Coconut. Both appear white yet Lychee is more of a softer brown making it a warmer nude for this time of year compared to a pale pastel. I love the formulation of Barry M nail polishes, particularly the gelly's. They are really glossy, creamy, they have good colour pay off and last a long, long time without chipping. Another good thing about Barry M is that they are really affordable so you definitely get your money's worth yet they are just as good as any expensive high end brand in my opinion. They have an amazing range of colours which are defiantly worth checking out.

Cherry Creme Nail Polish By Orly 

The second nail polish that I have loved using this past month was actually a freebie in a magazine which I'm not ashamed to admit. Long train journeys call for magazines. So we picked up a couple of magazines to take to Paris with us, this being one of them which just so happened to come with a free nail polish. Rude not to really. I haven't heard of the brand Orly before but I think it's meant to be a really good brand and usually a little more on the pricy side. You can definitely tell this when using the nail polish as it has a very pigmented and thin formulation, similar to that of OPI or Nails Inc. Yet it is by no means watery and it is amazingly pigmented. You always have to be careful with red nail polish anyway but particularly cautious with this one. I have been obsessed with this nail polish for the second half of October, I think I have worn it every single day. I'm currently wearing it now so my love for it still burns deep. I also thought it was perfect for Halloween. You can't beat a bright pillar box red sometimes. It's basically Halloween and Autumn in a little pot.

OGX Argan Oil Of Morocco Shampoo And Coconut Milk Conditioner 

Oh I love a mini product. Don't you love a mini product? These were purchased to take with us to Paris. It's always a gamble with hotels, will they or won't they provide mini freebies of shampoo. Yes they did is the answer but it's better to be safe then sorry. I loved using both of these products they left my hair feeling really healthy and nourished after just one use. OGX is a new brand to me I usually tend to stick to Garnier but I feel like I'm branching out. The Argan oil shampoo claims to help nourish and restore dry/damaged hair so my hair could do with a tun of this. It does tend to go a little drier over the colder months and my hair felt renewed after using it. Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I have a major obsession with coconut. I think it tastes delicious but it's also really good for your hair and body. This conditioner therefore instantly appealed to me. It is soft, creamy and nourishing leaving your hair looking and smelling amazing afterwards. I think my hair really enjoyed a change and trying these new products and I have certainly loved the effects.

They're Real Mascara By Benefit 
Oh me oh my this mascara is incredible, literally insane. I have never been one to get excited over mascaras I have never understood the excitement as at the end of the day no matter which one I use I have never noticed a major difference until I discovered this little hidden treasure. I personally love Benefit it is one of my if not my favourite make-up brands so I instantly love any product from Benefit with all the cute and quirky packaging and amazing products it is right up my street. Previously I have been using my Barry M Extra Volume Showgirl Mascara which was a lovely freebie which lasted me a whole year, not bad eh? I thought I would treat myself to a new mascara for Paris so what could be better then this gorgeous present from my Mum last Christmas. Hands up I'll admit it I have been converted and now understand how people can get excited over mascaras. One wipe of this over my eye lashes and they are instantly transformed. I naturally have long eye lashes but one coat of this leaves me looking like I'm wearing false eye lashes. It literally does anything you could want it to; it adds volume, lengthens, separates, emphasises and extends your lashes leaving you with a beautiful fluttery effect. What more could you wish for? It literally does everything. I have been 100% converted and I wouldn't use any other mascara it's Benefit all the way from now on. Sorry bank account. I'm going to write a separate blog post on this mascara it is so good I cannot praise it enough.

Bronzing Duo By Bourjois 
This is an oldie in my collection but ever so much loved. In fact I thought I would include it in this months post as I recently treated myself to a new one and I have pretty much used it everyday since. I find it really suits my skin tone during the Autumn/Winter months. It was this time last year that I first discovered it. It is a beautiful matte bronzer with a hint of shimmer to it yet it appears matte so perfect for contouring. It is accompanied by a gorgeous golden highlighter which looks beautiful above the cheek bones. I love bronzing and highlighting duos as they are perfect to use together for contouring. It is a really nifty little product that is compact so perfect for taking with you for on the go touch ups. The other thing that I love about this product is that it is packaged like a chocolate bar. Who is going to say no to a bit of milk or white chocolate? I just think it's really cute and it has a lovely vanilla scent to it if thats something you go for when you pick up a bronzer. A must have in my make-up collection.

Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies. I would love to know in the comments which products you have loved using over October. I currently have my feet up, typing away with Come Dine With Me on and my Yankee Candy Corn candle burning, Sunday evening heaven. I hope you are all having a lovely evening. Here we go, count down to Christmas now that's all I'm focussed on *squeels loudly*.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...